Thursday, March 8, 2012

Day 2 Without Daddy

Today has been a good day...I think honestly better then yesterday! I have been less emotional about Austin being gone and more encouraged b/c I got 1 night behind us and only have 1 left! Last night was not too bad..I worried about how Lindsay would do. I put her to bed at 7:30 and she never cried...until about 12:30. At this point I really worried what our night would be like but after about 30 min she went back to sleep. I had to go in there 2 or 3 times and reswaddle her and give her the pacifier and turn her music on but that was it. I texted Austin while I was up and he called me. That made me feel so much better. Poor thing he had his own issues...he ended up getting sick on the plane. I went back to bed around 1. I slept ok but not nearly as well as when he is home. I woke up a lot wondering if Lindsay would be waking up! Thankfully we both slept until 7. I was so happy to see morning! I got her up and fed her then did some normal "routine chores" around the house. We left around 9 to go pick up Colby. I was anxious to see him! The house had been so quiet without him and Lindsay. Even though its more work with him home I think tonight will be easier b/c the house won't be so quiet. We hung out at my parent's house till about 11. I figured it would be good to pass the morning this way! When we came home and I fixed Colby's lunch and mine I was starving! I then let him watch tv while I fed Lindsay and got her to bed. I just kept telling him over and over how glad I was to have him home! I read to him then put him down for a nap. I could tell he was tired I don't think he got a good nights sleep at my parent's house. I was thankful though b/c it allowed me to get a nap. I was so tired from not sleeping well the night before! After they woke up from their naps we hung out and waited on my parents to get here. They came over to help me feed, bathe, and put the kids to bed. Its overwhelming some nights with Austin here so I was not ready to take on that challenge alone just yet! My mom came over and baked pizzas for us. I was so thankful to not have to cook or clean up. My dad played a lot with Colby which was nice b/c usually that time of day I can't pay much attention to him between dinner/cleanup/and feeding taking care of Lindsay. She has gotten very high maintenance from 5 until we put her to bed. She did cooperate and sit in her swing while we ate which was nice. But once again at 7 she was ready for bed. I bathed/fed her while my parents played with Colby. My mom also bathed him which was a HUGE help! I can't imagine how single moms do this every day! They left after he got his pjs on. He wanted them to stay but I knew he would never wind down while they were here. I read to him and put him to bed...he's not asleep yet and I knew he wouldn't be since he took a pretty long nap but I'm so exausted I need the break! Lindsay did well when we put her down at 7:30. I really pray she sleeps all night and I sleep good. We have to be up at 6:15 to get ready for Colby to go to school! So thankful daddy is coming home tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment