Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Days Without Daddy

So Austin has left on another business trip. I always hate when he leaves town. Its exausting taking care of children alone I mean I do it all day but those 3 hours in the evenings without help always put me over the edge! Plus its really lonely! I'm a people person and being a stay at home mom already feels so isolating some days and then not having your hubby come home at night is hard. But I'm trying not to dread it too much more like take it hour by hour kinda thing. So far today as actually been a pretty good day. Luckily Austin was able to stick around this morning and help me get the kids out the door which I was thankful. I had to get myself and 2 kids ready to be out the door by 8:30 but also have an overnight bag packed for Colby and a diaper bag packed for Lindsay. It was hectic to say the least but I got Colby to school then Lindsay to my parents house then went to the dentist. After the dentist I picked Lindsay up and we headed home so I could eat lunch and then put her down for her long afternoon nap. I was thankful we had a busy morning though to help pass the time. My parents picked Colby up from school and are keeping him tonight to give me a break. Its so much work without Austin here I feel like I don't sit down as it is so I am thankful that they are watching him and keeping him very busy! I miss him and Austin terribly though. The house is so quiet without them. I enjoy Lindsay's company but since she doesn't talk I feel myself getting lonely...more lonely then when I had Colby for a week without Austin a few months ago. Lindsay took a good nap which was nice it gave me a chance to nap but also to get some things done around the house. After her nap Elizabeth and her sister Diane stopped by. It was nice to have time to visit with someone to help pass the afternoon. That's the longest/hardest part of this being alone is after naptime until bedtime! Well after their visit we took a walk. I figured that would help too so I wouldn't feel so pent up in the house. This evening has gone ok but I sure miss my boys. I hate the quiet at night! Lindsay was pretty restless from the time we got back from our walk until I put her to bed at 7:30. I had hoped she would fall asleep on our walk or in her swing when we got home but neither happened. She mostly fussed. I tried rocking her and then put her down for a catnap but she woke up. Finally at 7 I gave up and just went ahead and bathed her. She was all off her schedule today for some reason too. I hope she sleeps all night and that I sleep well too! I hate sleeping by myself! Anyway pray for me for peace this evening. Also pray for safety for my hubby..I know he isn't enjoying this anymore then me!

No comments:

Post a Comment