Thursday, March 29, 2012

Tired Mommy

Whew its been quite a week for this momma since only Tuesday. If you remember Austin was off Sunday and Monday and man were those good days! Now we are back to daddy working long hours and mommy holding down the household! Austin has been between 8-9 coming home every night. This is very hard when you have children...especially 2. I used to hate nights like this when it was just Colby and I but now I look back at how easy that was. Now when he works late I have to balance a baby who is fussy in the evenings, cook dinner for my big boy, bathe both kids, feed Lindsay, put both to bed, plus somehow clean up from the day's disasters! I don't know how single mothers/fathers do it or people who their spouse travels often.
Lindsay has been protesting her naps again this week which makes it really hard. Its not only frustrating to hear her cry and be grumpy pretty much all day b/c she is tired. Its also sad b/c I feel like when she doesn't nap it takes away from so much time I could have with Colby. I also am in a bad mood so I know my patience is paper thin with both kids...and I hate that!
So let's recap since Tuesday: Tuesday our cleaning lady came. After she arrived we headed out the door to go to my parent's house. I had to renew my license. Oh fun! So my mom sweetly offered to watch both kids while my dad went with me to the DMV. We got that done and ate lunch at my parent's house. They also offered to watch Colby that afternoon sicne the maid would still be there and its just hard for her to clean with a 3 1/2 year old running around! I had hoped to get some rest that afternoon but Lindsay had other plans.
Wednesday Colby had school. I feel like these days are good and bad. Its nice to have the break from having to entertain an active 3 1/2 year old but I hate the waking up early and rushing out the door. Honestly I don't get that much done either. But it does help that my parents have been nice enough to pick him up after school so I don't have to get out twice! I really appreciate that! This was another rough nap day for Lindsay but she did FINALLY settle down at 2. Well I didn't get much of a break though b/c Colby was up at 2:45. It did work out well though b/c I was able to take him to the backyard to play for about an hour while she slept! It was nice to have that one on one time with him. Its something we don't get often so I enjoyed being out there with him like old times! That night Austin didn't get in until 9 so I had to do the whole bathtime/bedtime alone which was HARD really HARD!
Thursday...well today my parents once again came to my rescue. My mom offered to watch Lindsay b/c she knew I had to grocery shop. I haven't yet taken both kids to the store at once. I know the day will come when I have to do this...probably this summer but the thought of it overwhelms me. So she came over to keep Lindsay. It worked out nicely b/c I was able to take Colby to the park before. Well we went to one park and played for about 20 min but then 2 school buses pulled up with a ton of kids so left. He wanted to go to another park so we hit another close by. Well he was the only kid so his playing didn't last long. I miss the days when he was entertained by himself at the park but now he gets bored after like 10 minutes. So we went grocery shopping. He really hasn't shopped with me much lately. I have been going on his school days or when he is with my parents. So he probably has been less then 5 times since last summer. He was a handful! He wasn't bad but I guess I'm used to bringing Lindsay now and she just looks around I had to constantly answer questions tell him we weren't done yet and blah blah! I think next time I'll bring Lindsay haha! Although if I weren't so tired I might have enjoyed it more b/c I feel like he can learn so much just going on errands with me. My mom always brought me with her and I truly think I learned how to grocery shop from those days when she brought me along. Anyway we came home to have lunch and try to do some housework. Well Lindsay did not nap at all today! The only way I could ever get her to sleep was rocking her. So she had several 20 min catnaps during the day but that was it. I'm so exausted and I feel like I did nothing all day. I mean I guess babies are like us some days they just need extra love. I am not sure if she was overtired or if she's teething or separation anxiety. I lost my patience a couple of times with her and Colby and I feel terrible. Some days just being a mom is so hard. Anyway it looks like this weekend will be long hours for the hubby so it will be long days for me. I am just thankful for good nights sleep. Thankfully she does sleep well at night. Now just couting down the weekend until Monday when he is off!

No comments:

Post a Comment