Saturday, March 24, 2012

Preschool Easter Event

Today we had our annual Preschol Easter Celebration. This was the 3rd year we have had this. The first year I was just able to attend the event with Colby who was 1 1/2 at the time. The last 2 years I have been one of the hosts/planners of the event. Its a lot different when you are in charge! I feel like I'm overwhelmed and so busy the whole time! In fact I didn't even get pictures today! Last year wasn't quite as bad when I was just in charge of Colby and he was 2 1/2 so he could do a lot on his own. This year was hectic though with 2 little ones in tow. In fact I feel bad b/c I don't feel like I was much help to my mom. I think she understood though. Lindsay was in an awful mood for most of it. She was happy when we first got there and I was able to help set up while she sat in a bouncer and looked around. Colby though was in a mood at that point. He gets upset when we go to church and he doesn't get to go play cars. He finally got ok and then it was her. It was her naptime. I had hoped she would sleep on the way over b/c I knew once we were there that there would be too much noise for her to sleep. She did ok being carried around but I wasn't able to ever put her down again. She had to eat while the big kids hunted for eggs which I was sad I didn't get to see Colby do any of that! Colby seemed to enjoy the whole morning once all the kids showed up. Once again I really didn't get to see him do much other then eat his snack and work on a couple crafts. I guess thats part of being a mom of 2! I eventually had to leave early with Lindsay though b/c she was so tired and cranky. I knew there was no way I could keep her there until noon it just wouldn't be fair! We did have a great turnout though! I think we had about 20 kids and about 20 adults! That's way more I think then we have ever had! We might have had close to that the first year. Anyway I hope its something we can keep up. Next year will be fun when lindsay is 1 and Colby is 4! I will really be busy though!

No comments:

Post a Comment