Saturday, March 17, 2012

St. Patty's Day, Soccer, & Cousins




So we have had a pretty good week since I last posted. Austin went back to work on Wednesday so its been just me and the kids during the day. We haven't done much but our normal routine for the most part. Colby had school Wednesday and Friday. Those days are nice b/c it gives me a little time at home to accomplish things. Plus I enjoy the one on one time with Lindsay. My parents picked him up those 2 afternoons so I had more time around the house plus I try to get Lindsay down for her nap before Colby gets home so then I can enjoy one on one time with him while we eat our lunch. Friday he had his St. Patty's day party. I don't know much other then he had cookies and said they were green with sprinkles. He also mad a big leprechaun hat and a shamrock. He informed me it wasn't a clover it was a shamrock!
Thursday we met my cousin Ashley and her family at a pancake house in Metairie. They had been in town this week in their RV. I was glad we were able to get up with them but it was hectic at breakfast with 5 kids six and under. She has 2 girls who are 6 1/2 and 5 and a little boy who is 1 1/2. Then ofcourse I had my 3 1/2 year old and 3 month old! All the kids did really well considering though! The last time we saw them was in Austin for our family reunion. Colby was only 15 months at the time so I don't think he really remembered Zoey and Fallon.
Today Colby had his 4th soccer class. He did really well. He gets bored though after about 25 minutes. After that he kinda acts out...he's not bad but he just gets distracted and doesn't really want to listen to the coach anymore. Elizabeth came out though to see him which that was special he had someone else besides mommy to cheer him on. He only has 1 more week. We will miss next week b/c of an Easter thing at church. I think its been a good experience for him. Not sure he LOVES soccer but its good excercise and I like he's getting to learn to work as a team! I will probably do this again next year with him and then see after that if soccer is something he will want to continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment