Friday, July 27, 2012

A glance back at our Week

So we have been trying to get back into a routine around here after the busy birthday weekend. I say that though and after this week life will be different again b/c Colby will be finished with camp.
It was nice knowing we had a low key week ahead after last weeks craziness. Monday Colby had his 4 year checkup. My mom came over and kept Lindsay. That helped out a lot. I can't imagine trying to juggle them both at the doc alone. Especially when he was getting shots. Plus it was right in the middle of her naptime. It worked out well for it to just be me and him. He did pretty wel considering he had to get 4 shots. He does so well at the doc now and I am so thankful. I remember thinking when he was Lindsay's age and even a toddler that my child may scream at the doc forever! But he now sits patiently and answers questions and is a peach. Watching him get 4 shots though and having to help hold him down for those was hard...really hard! He kept saying "IT HURTS!" I don't want that! I felt so bad for him. He quickly recovered though. I took him to Target afterwards to spend some of his b-day money. He took a good nap that afternoon but other then that seemed to show no side effects from the shots. When he was 1 though he broke out in a rash about 10 days later so I am kinda waiting to see if that happens this year. That afternoon we hung out at home.
Tuesday was a busy day for us. We had our bug person come spray, our house cleaner, Colby had camp, and I had Bible study. Those kind of days I feel like I run around like a crazy women. I wake up get myself ready, get 2 kids fed and dressed, straighten the house, pack lunches. Anyway it was nice to go to Bible Study and have that "me" time. After Bible study I picked Lindsay up and we came home to relax before Colby got home. My parents have been picking Colby up from camp which has been SO nice! It would be really hard for me to pick him up at 2 b/c Lindsay gets up from her nap then and she eats at that time. I would probably have to get him early which would also upset him. So they bring him home which works out nice...it basically gives me an extra hour to get stuff done too!
Wednesday was a low key day for us. It seems rare when we have nothing planned but it usually happens once a week. I haven't done a HUGE outting with both kids yet meaning like the zoo, children's museum, etc alone. I usually like to just stay on the westbank a place we can go and be home after an hour and a half. We usually do the mall, library, barnes and noble, park, etc. I asked Colby what he wanted to do and he wanted to go to Barnes and Noble. We had just gone earlier in the month but I figured why not? Its free Air conditioned fun! He loves the train table and will usually play with it for an hour. Well wouldn't you know the train table was gone! I am praying it returns before we go back! That is the highlite of his trip. He ended up just picking out a CARS book and we took it into the cafe part and ordered coffee....well coffee for me and chocolate milk for him. It was fun sitting there looking at books and drinking coffee with my little man. Lindsay sat in her stroller. Once we finished there we came home just for a low key afternoon.
Thursday was Colby's last day of camp. He also made plans to spend the night with my parents that evening. Lindsay and I enjoyed a quiet day. Austin came home for dinner and we ate together then he had to go back into work that night. I enjoyed the time to relax and spend time with my baby girl. I did miss my 2 boys SO much though! Colby ended camp on a great note I know he will miss it! School doesn't start until after Labor Day for him. He also enjoyed the night with my parents! I am looking forward to the weekend! We will all spend Friday night together then Saturday Austin will be home too! Looking forward to some great family time!

No comments:

Post a Comment