Monday, July 23, 2012

Four








Really where did the time go? I can't believe I am sitting down to do a 4 year old post on my sweet baby boy! Four seems so old to me now! Anyway my 4 year old is growing up into such a sweet, fine young man. His personality shows more and more each day! He is still our little OCD, Type A child. He likes routine and has a hard time coping when things are out of the norm. Not like he gets really out of control you can just tell its hard for him to settle down on those type days. Otherwise he's a very well adjusted child. He's VERY smart! I know all moms say that about their child but I lean to think he's gifted. He's very mathematical. He thinks in numbers. Its crazy to me....b/c my brain does not think that way at all! We compare him a lot to my dad.
He's a very active, entertaining child. He cracks us up every day with stuff he says! He loves being outdoors and doing little boy things! He is still obssessed with CARS! He has fell into the role of big bro quite nicely. He doesn't act jealous a whole lot anymore. You can tell some things still bother him but he loves his little sis. He is very protective over her. This summer I have seen their relatioship blossom b/c he is home more and they are together. He's very kind hearted and very outgoing. He has no trouble making friends wherever he goes. He's not shy at all especially around other kids. He's very trusting with people he knows but doesn't like "strangers" talking to him at all. He has loved school since he started at age 2. He will return this year for his last year at AUMC. He will go 5 days a week ....3 days 9-12 and the other 2 days he will 9-2. This summer he did swim lessons and camp. He loves swimming. He also took soccer in the spring which was not his favorite AT ALL!
He's still a good eater and good sleeper. He has started night waking more then he ever has, but I think its partly the age. He wakes up usually to go potty and sometimes he just wants to see Austin one more time. He's a daddy's boy for sure! He likes kid foods but he also won't complain when he eats whatever we eat.
He went to the doc today. He weighs 41 lbs and is 41 1/2 inches tall. He received 4 shots as well...that was no fun! He wears a size 4T and is pretty average size I would say. He still is a total cutie pie with his blonde hair, brown/green eyes and olive tone skin.
I love you Colby so much! I have enjoyed being a mommy to you the last 4 years! I loved those 3 1/2 years we spent just you and me but now I love seeing you as a big brother and getting to spend the days with you and Lindsay! You make mommy proud every day! You are a sweet, kind boy with a gentle spirit. You have your moments where you get in trouble, but I think sometimes you are just so strong willed you can't help yourself! I can't wait to see what you are like in 4 more years!! We love you so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment