Sunday, July 22, 2012

Colby's Birthday Party Weekend










Colby is having a blast this birthday weekend! Friday started off a little rocky though! We got a monsoon type of rain ALL day long! We knew it would be a day where we were just going to Target then we would be in the rest of the day until that evening but being stuck inside b/c of the rain made for a VERY long day! He was very antsy and kept getting in trouble! I feel like he has been pent up a lot this week b/c we have had so much rain. He was also VERY excited about his mawmaw and pawpaw and cousins coming into town. I guess I can't fault him. I remember being a kid and thinking time went by SOO slow when you were waiting on stuff like that. I know he was just excited and bored all at the same time!
Finally that afternoon we were able to leave the house. We decided to meet them downtown at Mulate's. We left Lindsay at home with my parent's. She is just at a difficult age when it comes to eating out. She's too big for her infant carried but tires out very quickly when it comes to sitting in a highchair. Plus her bedtime is 7 pm. Plus it was raining and getting a baby in and out of the van in the rain downtown would be a nightmare! I am sure she was happier at home with my parent's and we were happier. It gave us more a chance to visit. We were able to stay out later and let Colby enjoy his cousins longer. The 3 big kids did great at dinner. They were very well behaved. After dinner since they all 3 had been so good we took them uptown for icecream! They were all 3 very excited about this! But Colby had 1 thing on his mind...that was going back to the hotel and playing with the girls. This is what they do every year. Austin always gets them a suite at the hotel. We always go down and hang out in the suite and let Colby play with the girls. He always has a blast! So after icecream we went back to the hotel for about 45 minutes. They had so much fun playing together! We didn't get back home until 8:30 and by the time we got Colby in bed it was after 9.
Saturday was the big party day! We woke up early to fix breakfast for austins' family. Since the party was not until that evening we knew Colby would want to hang out and play some with his cousins. They came over about 8:30. Colby had a blast with Shelbi and Maggie. Lindsay got very overwhelmed plus it was her naptime so she didn't get in the mix too much. But Colby and the girls played so well together. They left about 10ish so that we could rest and get ready for the party. Austin took Colby on a couple errands to pick up the cake and get ice for the drinks. After they got home we ate lunch and all took naps. I think we were all exhausted and took long naps. After our naps we did some cleaning up around the house then got ready for the party.
The party was so much fun! I knew he would have a great time since it was at a big pool but I had no idea how much fun the kids would have. They mostly enjoyed the big water slide but they also all played in the splash area. This year he had 10 kids at the party. This included: Jude (5 months), Lindsay (7 months), Jax (2 1/2), Braden (3 1/2), Macie (3 1/2), Max (4), Max (5), Maggie (6 1/2), and Shelbi (8). They all played really well together! The babies stayed inside most of the time and Lindsay even went home early with my parents. I think all of the kids had a blast! I enjoyed seeing Colby have so much fun and seeing him and his friends so happy! I had a blast at the party but I always am so tired when its over. I feel like I spent the whole time running around like a crazy person! I felt like I had to balance taking care of Lindsay, watching Colby, helping out the other kids, talking to everyone, checking on my mom who watched Lindsay most of the night, etc. The kids were having so much fun in the water we didn't even have time to open presents. I hated to stop them from having fun to open the presents nad since Colby didn't ask I figured we would just wait and do them at home. It was definitely easier that way. Austin's parents and my parents were here to watch him open presents so that was nice. It was like he had a mini party when it was all said and done. I figured he would crash when he got in bed but NOPE it was almost 11 before he fell asleep! I guess he was wound up from all the excitment!
Sunday was a much slower paced day. We had church but we actually all slept in. I had set my alarm for 7 but actually turned it off. I figured we all needed the sleep. I figured if the kids slept in then it was meant for us to sleep in as well. Lindsay woke us up around 7:30. So I went ahead and got up and fed her. Colby was after 8 getting up. We just took our time getting ready which was nice. We were at church by about 9:40 though so we weren't too late. Colby still got to be there for about half of his Sunday School class. It was so nice to sit in church with Austin and worship. I really needed that! It was refreshing! I love being in the nursery with the kids but sometimes I just need a break! After church we did our usual lunch at McAlister's. We all came home to rest then Austin and Colby played outside and ran errands. It was a great ent to a great weekend! I am sad to see the weekend come to an end. The week last week was very stressful leading up this b-day but it was so worth it to see the joy in his eyes at the party! I always stress about it and it turns out perfect! You would think I would learn! We had a great time but I think we are all tired! Now we will be getting back to a routine. I am glad though that b-day is behind us...now I have to focus on church stuff for the start of the new church year. This week will be pretty low key for us. Colby has a doc appt for his 4 year checkup and shots...I have Bible study and Colby has camp! It will be nice to get back to some order though!

No comments:

Post a Comment