Monday, July 30, 2012

The Weekend




Well we have had a pretty good weekend around here. As you know Austin worked the night shift Thursday night so he came home Friday around mid-day which was nice. My parents brought Colby home around 10. They stayed with the kids while I went to the grocery store. It was nice to shop alone! I got it done quicker and more efficiently without trying to keep 2 kids happy! Once I got home we all ate lunch then went down for naps. Austin got home during naptime so we all rested. Once everyone was up he and Colby ran errands. I always enjoy that time of quiet while the boys get out! Lindsay and I just hung out at home. That evening we ordered spaghetti from Speciality and had a low key evening watching the Olympics.
Saturday Austin was off which was really nice. Its rare that he's off on a Saturday and we don't have somewhere to be. We planned a low key day at home since he had just worked 30+ hours the day before. I invited Colby's friend Max over though. I figured this would help Colby since we weren't going anywhere plus his mom just had surgery so I figured it would help her out too. They played really well together. He got here around 9. After we got a few things done Austin took them outside to swim. They had a blast doing that! I think they were out there over an hour. It was a nice break for me to get stuff done inside. Once they came in they played in Colby's room for a long time. Austin and I actually were able to sit down and rest during this time. After Lindsay ate her lunch and we put her down for a nap Austin went to pick up the boys some lunch. They ate lunch then it was time to bring Max home. Its so good for Colby to have friends over. He has so much fun. Once Austin got home from bringing Max home we all tried to rest. Naptime was short though b/c Lindsay was up by 2...Colby never really fell asleep. Atleast we didn't have to be anywhere though. So we just hung out around the house. That evening we had a nice dinner as a family. I tried a new recipe...it was called red beans and rice but it was different...it had a more spanish take on it. I liked it and I think Colby liked it ok but Austin was not a fan.
Sunday was church day. Austin was back at work so it was just me and the kids. It was a good Sunday. They are just so tiring especially when I am alone bringing the kids to and from church. We didn't have as many kids in the nursery as we usually do. In fact it was just Colby and Glenn Paul in his class. Although I know he enjoyed playing with GP by himself. Lindsay and Elias were in the baby room. My mom worked in there and said Lindsay really enjoyed playing with another baby. I feel bad b/c by this age Colby had had lots of playdates with babies but Lindsay has not. Now granted she is around "big" kids all the time but no babies her age. I was glad she got to play with a little boy in SS. I think he is about a month younger then her. After church we did our usual lunch at McAlister's then came home and took naps! It was a great weekend...actually refreshing after the busy weekend the week before! Now looking forward to the week! It will be a different few weeks...Colby is out of camp and school doesn't start until after Labor Day so we will have no schedule really!

No comments:

Post a Comment