Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Weekend




Well the weekend has come and gone. Friday we had a VERY low key day. We had made plans to just grocery shop that day but when we were on our way out the door the sky was black and it looked like it was really going to storm! I decided that risking having to unload 2 kids and groceries in the rain would not be fun! So we just stayed home! We rarely stay home ALL day but it honestly wasn't that bad. Since Colby is doing camp he is missing naps most days during the week. I figured Friday would be a good day for us all to catch up on some rest! We enjoyed staying in and playing. That night we ordered pizza and just had a nice little family night!
Saturday Austin was off which was really nice. It was great to have him around on a Saturday. Usually our Saturdays feel like weekdays since he is usually working. He and Colby set off to the grocery store pretty early. I had a funeral to attend later that morning. I honestly have to say it was nice getting out alone! I rarely get to go anywhere it alone so it was a nice break. I hated it was for a funeral but it was good to be back at Calvary and see old friends. I felt really at home. I think it was good for Austin to have the kids by himself too. It gave him a chance to bond with them without me interfering. Plus I think it gave him a small taste of what I do every day! Once I got home we ate lunch and all rested. It wasn't long though before Lindsay Lou was up ready to go. She went down for her nap way before I got home so she was ready to play soon after the rest of us layed down. We hurried and got ready that afternoon after Colby woke up. We told him he could choose a place to eat for his b-day. His final decision came to be Chickfila at Lakeside Mall. We knew he had other motives for this. He knew the Disney Store was there and we may let him get a car. We invited our friends Honey and Max also. We got there about 4:30 and ofcourse our first stop was the Disney Store. He picked out a package of Towmater's. After the Disney Store we decided to go ahead and eat. It was a little hectic trying to eat with two 4 year olds and a baby but we managed. Afterwards we walked down to PB Kids to let the boys play. They then wanted some popcorn as a treat. Colby had so much fun running around the mall with Max. I think he thought he was big stuff! I love seeing him enjoy his little friends like that! We left after the popcorn b/c at that point Lindsay had been awake since 2 and it was almost 7 so it was time for her to go to bed. I was so thankful for this fun day with Austin and the kids. Austin has been working a lot lately so I think we all needed this day!
Sunday we had church. After the busy weekend and the fact that neither child slept well Saturday night I made the decision to bring Lindsay home after Sunday School. I hated to leave but I knew she needed her rest since we were out the night before. Colby chose to stay with my parents. Since Lindsay and I came home early I was able to get some stuff done and rest as well which was nice. Then when Colby came home I rested some more. I have been so tired lately with Austin's busy work schedule and the kids waking us up at night. That afternoon we had a low key day. Austin got home early and we had grilled chicken ceasar salad and sat down to eat as a family which was SO nice! It was a wonderful weekend and a wonderful kick off to Colby's 4th Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment