Thursday, July 12, 2012

Storytime & Daddy's Day off

Monday I decided to take the kids to storytime at the library. We have gone a few times to the library lately but haven't made it for "storytime". I used to do this a lot with Colby and now I hope to start taking Lindsay now that she's getting older. We had books to return anyway so it was a good day to go. Colby really enjoys going to the library now and I am so glad I started taking him when he was young. Anyway he listened really well during storytime...WAY better then he used to! Lindsay did really well too although she did get hungry and had to eat during most of it. After the storytime they provide a craft for the children to do. My friend Jenny came along with her 2 sons. I was glad Colby had another kid to talk to. They both worked very tediously on their crafts. Usually Colby could care less about making one but I think b/c he had a "friend" there doing the same thing it was more fun for him. I let him make the craft however he wanted and he LOVED that! After they made their crafts Colby wanted to play in the castle. They did that for awhile then we checked out books and movies! It was a really fun morning! I am pretty sure I will take Lindsay even when Colby starts back to school.
Tuesday Colby had camp. Austin was off that day and it just seemed like we had a lot going on. I orginally was supossed to have a meeting at church. It was pouring rain when I left to bring Colby to camp. We both got soaked. My meeting got cancelled so I changed my plans to go ahead to my weekly Bible Study. I was glad Austin was home to keep Lindsay so I figured I would take advantage of some "alone" time. I was glad I got to go to Bible Study too! I have really enjoyed getting to know the ladies and taking some time for my spiritual life. I had to go home and change between bringing Colby to camp and Bible Study. After Bible Study I came home and Austin and I were able to eat lunch together and relax. It was nice to have a few quiet moments before he had to go get Colby from camp. When Colby got home we all "rested". Colby doesn't get naps on camp days b/c by the time he gets home at 2:30 its too late to put him down for a nap. So I just turn on a movie or show for him and he unwinds that way. Lindsay also takes a late afternoon nap which works well b/c she was asleep so Austin and I were able to lay down and relax. That evening my parents came over to watch the kids while we went birthday shopping for Colby. We did things a little different this year. Usually we take Colby out shopping and let him pick out his gifts but with a little sister and him getting older and understanding birthdays and presents we thought it would be more fun to surprise him! Plus I think we needed the night out! We went to Academy and got him a tent. He's been really into the idea of "camping" lately. I think we will set it up in our backyard this summer just to play in then Austin will take him in it and sleep in the backyard in the fall then if he really likes camping we will try the real thing! We ate dinner at Outback which it was so nice to just sit and have an adult conversation. We ended the evening by going to Target and getting him a remote controlled car and some household supplies. Oh and Lindsay got a new carseat! After we got home the kids were ready for bed well Lindsay was asleep and Colby was on his way. It was great having Austin home he's been working a lot lately so life has been busy and hectic and I feel like we haven't been able to do a whole lot of "fun" things since our trip to Hattiesburg. But even the simple days like this mean so much! Now we are back to reality and Austin's work schedule and Colby's camp schedule the rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment