Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Colby's 4th Birthday




Today is my little man's 4th birthday! I can't believe he's 4! That just seems so old to me! Anyway its been a busy day for us all. Its been a different birthday I guess the first one he hasn't spent with us all day!
I will recap his b-days real quick...
1st birthday fell on a Friday...Austin and I ran errands with him then that evening we ate dinner out with Austin's family.
2nd birthday fell on a Saturday....his actual birthday party was this day. We ate out that evening with Austin's family.
3rd birthday fell on a Sunday....he took donuts to his Sunday School class at church. We went to church then lunch at McAlister's (his favorite) then went to VBS that night.
Today he had camp. I decided to go ahead and let him go to camp on his birthday and treat it like any other day. I knew it would be fun for him to celebrate at camp aka "school" with his friends. We made cupcakes for him to share. We got him a tent for his b-day so that will be waiting to surprise him when he comes home! Can't wait to see his reaction!
So Colby got home from school he loved his tent and remote controlled car! He had to play in the tent a little this afternoon but it was so hot he didn't last long. My parents stopped by with their gift this afternoon. He has been so excited all day with all this attention! After their visit I had to run some errands for his party. That's the only thing about birthdays I feel like it really consumes all my time! I can't imagine these people that get all creative with their kids b-days! Once I got home we started cooking dinner. It was so nice to be able to sit and eat dinner as a family! I truly treasure those times b/c we don't get it often especially when Austin is working! I feel refreshed after today especially since I got a few "breathers" from the kids! I love my job as a stay at home mom but its tough so it was nice to be able to leave them with Austin today and I got to be by myself some! I think its also good for him to get that bonding time in!
After dinner Colby and Austin spent a lot of time in his tent while I stayed inside playing with Lindsay! We had a great day! I hope Colby enjoyed his day! I am so thankful for the last 4 years we have had with him! I can't wait to see what he will be like in 4 more years! I can't believe then he will be 8! Wow! He's such a blessing to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment