Monday, July 9, 2012

Broken Heart

Today my heart is very heavy for a family I have known for many years. The mom of a family at our old church Calvary passed away. My heart just aches for her daughter. I am sad for her whole family but especially this 10 year old daughter she left behind. I can't imagine losing my own mom...I have always thought about that day and no matter how old I get I know it will be hard. But I surely can't imagine having lost my mom as a child. I wasn't extremely close to them but they were someone I knew for most of my life and just took for granted. It makes me realize how fragile life is. It makes me think of each time we interact with someone it could be the last and what kind if impression did we leave them with? It just really makes me think of my actions and words. I know we all take our day to day life for granted...we take our family for granted...we take our friends for granted. This is surely a reminder that each day given to us is a gift. It makes me want to hug my children a little tighter and hug my parents a little tighter. Anyway God gained an angel today and I know heaven is celebrating with her. It touched my heart tonight as we prayed for the family and Colby took his turn to pray and he prayed specifically for Emily. He has no idea who Emily is but he prayed for her and her mommy in heaven. Its amazing...we didn't tell him to do this...he heard us say their names but I haven't talked to him about it all except for praying outloud for the family. I think God truly spoke through him tonight. The heart of a child praying for the heart of another child. I know God must have smiled at that moment. It was such a God thing. Anyway my heart is very heavy for them tonight as they go to bed tonight missing their mommy and wife. I pray they feel comfort and love from everyone around them.

No comments:

Post a Comment