Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Another Busy Week

So we have another full week ahead at our house! I guess its good though to stay busy!
Monday Colby had school so I got him to school then Lindsay and I went grocery shopping. We didn't have much time at home before I had to leave again to drop Lindsay off at my parent's house so I could pick Colby up from school and take him to his eye appointment. I took him to lunch first at McDonald's. His choice! I love going out to eat just me and him! He always acts so obediant and is a perfect gentleman! He talks more too when we are out like that then when we are at home. I think it makes him feel special to have that one on one time! The eye appointment went well and fast! The reason we brought him back before his scheduled 6 month appointment in May was b/c there was a slight concern with him again at his eye exam at school. Anyway thankfully we did bring him. They said one eye had gotton worse. He has one strong eye and one much weaker eye. They said this may lead to a lazy eye in which he would have to wear a patch but for now they can hopefully correct it with glasses. So since there was a change we had to drop the new prescription off at the mall. That took about 30+ minutes plus I promised him a cookie! We then still had to pick up Lindsay before heading home. By the end of all that I was exhausted! I came home and did a few things then let Colby watch a show and put Lindsay in her bed. Neither kid every fell asleep so it was a long exhausting day! That coupled with the fact that Austin didn't get home until after 8!
Tuesday again Colby had school and I had Bible Study. I am fortunate to have my parent's help on these days...I bring Colby and Lindsay to them at 8:30. They get Colby to school and keep Lindsay during the Bible Study. This semester we are doing a Beth Moore study called "His Inheritance" I am loving it so far. I love women's Bible study. I love getting to fellowship with women of all ages plus have that time during the week for JUST ME! Afterwards I picked Lindsay up. We came home to hang out. On Tuesdays most weeks my parents keep Colby in the afternoons. this is their special "hang out time". Plus our housekeeper was here so its just easier to have 1 kid making messes. Lindsay and I had a relaxful afternoon and Colby got home around 5. Then it gets hectic. Both kids are tired and hungry...I'm exhausted and Austin is still usually an hour away from leaving work. Its by far the hardest part of the day!
Wednesday- Sick again? This has been a totally stressful day for me. Well it started out fine. I got the kids ready and Colby off to school. This is Lindsay's GymRomper day so we were headed out to that. I called my mom and dad to touch base with them. They usually pick colby up on Wednesdays and bring him home b/c he's at schoo until 2. Picking him up at 2 would be right in the middle of Lindsay's nap. So when I called them my dad informs me my mom was sick all night...stomach bug sick! My stomach just sank! Really? I feel like we have been sick ALL winter! Now I am panicked b/c both of my kids were over there yesterday. I'm also worried about the rest of the week and what this will mean. So far the kids seem fine I think. Well Lindsay has had diarrhea the last few days so now I am starting to wonder if she has a touch of it. I just pray though that Colby stays well. He's had a rough year and he literally just got over this cough thing and has missed so much school I would just feel so bad for him...plus the stomach bug sent him to the ER in November! Anyway praying through this...its so hard though I feel like we have had one thing after another lately! All I can do is pray and wait! We are supossed to go to church tonight but now I am 2nd guessing that....at this point since Lindsay has had diarrhea I don't think she should be there at all. So I will see if Austin gets home early enough that Colby and I can still go. I hate for him to miss b/c he was so excited about going! So we will play it by ear! But if you are reading this please say a prayer for my mom to feel better and for Colby to not get sick. I think I could handle the rest of us but for his sake I want him to stay well! I trust God though and the reasoning for all of this. But its been a very hard year!

No comments:

Post a Comment