Saturday, March 30, 2013

Good Friday

Today has been a good day. Its the first day of Colby's Easter break. We had a slower paced morning then met some friends at the park. There is a family from church that we have been getting to know. Her husband is deployed and she has 5 children ages 6 and under. She has a son who just turned 5 who is in Colby's class at church. They have gotton to know each other and get along well. She also has a son in Lindsay's class. Anyway it was a beautiful day and we stayed at the park over an hour. I was a little dissapointed in my kid's moods but I guess you can never predict these things. Colby has been whiney today for some reason. I don't know if its the change in routine or he's tired or what. He whined about things the whole time we were there. He had moments where he looked like he was having fun but not like I thought he would have. Lindsay also didn't play as well as I thought she would but she was getting tired and hungry so she got really clingy towards the end! AH well I guess we tried. And atleast the weather was nice and we did get out the house so that's what counts!
We didn't get home until after noon b/c I also had to stop at the grocery for a couple things. The kids didn't nap as well as I had hoped so church tonight wil be interesting...Colby I don't think napped at all and Lindsay's nap was only about an hour and a half!
That evening we went to the Good Friday service at church. I think its so special that our church has chosen to do a service that night. Anyway it was nice b/c they had childcare during the service. In past years when we have gone to something of that nature I don't think they had that. Anyway it was nice...the service though didn't start until 6:30...I was a little worried how Lindsay would do considering she usually goes to sleep at 7. Anyway we got there a little early so we let the kids run around outside which they LOVED! It was a beautiful night. When it was time to go to class I said something about ok let's go to your class and Lindsay got up and started walking right to the building where she goes! I was so impressed! It seems like she is really starting to enjoy church. She doesn't cry as much when we leave her and she is always having a good time when we pick her up. Colby always seems to have a great time too! I miss our old church but I am so thankful for so many kids for our children to have around as friends. This was our hearts desire since Colby was a baby. Anyway the service was very meaningful. I am so thankful we were able to go. After the service they had Easter Egg hunts for all the age groups. The toddlers had their own hunt under the pavillion and the preschoolers had theirs on the little playground. Both kids seemed to love it! Lindsay totally knew what to do. I couldn't believe I didn't think to bring their Easter baskets though. Oh well next year I will know! They had a blast and Lindsay hung in their very well. We went back in the sanctuary to talk to Randall and Elizabeth and both enjoyed running around on stage. Its neat to see them do the exact stuff I did as a child. Anyway Lindsay was starting to get very tired although she wanted to keep on going. We got home and put her right to bed. Colby went home with my parents.
It was a long, busy day but a great day and a great start to Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment