Sunday, March 3, 2013

Weekend!






What a busy weekend!
Friday Colby had school and I had mommy plans! I don't get to go out a lot with moms it seems but this week I got to go to Target with Casee and Friday I met my friend Casee and another friend Ashley with their babies at the mall for coffee and beignets. Ofcourse I had Lindsay with me too. I got there early b/c when I got to Colby's school (somehow we got there at 8:40) I have no idea how we ended up early...usually we get there just a couple minutes before 9. Anyway we got there the same time as his teacher from last year who also is now his assistent in his classroom this year. She was always so sweet to let him come in early this year so she said she would walk him in and watch him so I didn't have to get Lindsay out. I was thankful for that but knew we would get to the mall WAY early. Since we got there early I brought Lindsay in to the play place. We have been a couple of times now she loves it! Well she played for maybe 10 min then was begging to get back in her stroller? I guess since there were no other kids there she was bored. So I walked her all around the mall. Well we made the entire loop and still our friends weren't there. So I went back to the play area...she wanted in the rides though. I let her ride one and then she just walked around. Well by the time she was doing that my friend Casee showed up so we ordered our coffee and beignets while we waited on the Ashley to show up. We enjoyed our visiting! It was so nice to visit with other moms although Lindsay kept me busy! She wouldn't just sit in the stroller so she was up and down wanting to be held, not wanting to be held, wanting food, not wanting food, throwing stuff, etc! I love my girl but geez she is going to give me grey hair! I hope next year when she is at MDO I will have more of a break. Right now some days I feel like I'm going on empty! Anyway so once we figured the babies had had enough sitting we shopped in Old navy for a little while. I didn't buy anything since I do so much shopping online but it was still fun to look! After that we left...it was 11 and I knew Lindsay would start having a real meltdown soon! Plus Colby got out of school at 12. That afternoon we just had a lazy day inside...the kids both napped and we were just really lazy! But hey that's what Friday afternoons are for?!
Saturday another busy day! I like the laid backness of Saturday mornings but I don't really feel like we had that today. Even though we didn't have to be anywhere until 11 for a b-day party it ended up being crazy! Austin had an insurance guy showing up supossedly at 9:30 to look at our roof from last Sunday's hail storm. Well he ended up coming at 9! Well I was still in my pjs...kids were running around like crazy and Austin was no where around! Just my luck! So I had to quickly get Lindsay corralled in her room, turn on a show for Colby, put the dog up, then talk to this guy! Anyway it worked out it just made my morning more crazy then I wanted it to be! Well we went on and got ready for the birthday party. My parents were keeping Lindsay during the party. I try to only take Colby to parties unless its a joint friend. Plus she would have been really hard to keep up with. Colby had a blast. It was a party for one of his little school friends. There were about 6 kids from his class there so he had a great time. His little girlfriend June was there and he had a blast running around with her! Its so adorable his little preschool/puppy love! I enjoyed visiting with some of the other parents/grandparents. Its hitting me hard that this is his last few months at this little school. He has been with these kids for the last 3 years. He feels so comfortable there! I know he will love Calvary and will do great there but May is going to be very bittersweet! Atleast Lindsay will be there next year so we don't have to tell the teachers/friends goodbye! Its so sad that all his little friends will be going seperate directions next year...I just wish there was a way to keep them all together! Anyway so the birthday party was great fun! Colby always has a blast at these events! I like party Saturdays...its free entertainment it gets us out the house and it always wears Colby out! We picked up Lindsay and came home. We didn't get home until about 1:30. The three of us shared some chicken nuggets b/c none of us had much lunch then I put everyone to bed. Colby fell right to sleep...he even told me he was exhausted after the party ha...Lindsay never fell asleep so I never really got a nap. It was a busy afternoon. we were supossed to go to another friend's house to celebrate her son's 5th birthday too but Austin was late getting home and with having such a busy day and week we cancelled. I felt so bad doing so but we REALLY needed the night at home!
Sunday another busy day as well! It was nice to be able to all 4 go to church together this Sunday! That hasn't happened in atleast a month! 2 weeks ago Lindsay was sick and Austin stayed home with her then last week he had the flu. So finally everyone was healthy and we went to church! The kids as always enjoyed their classes! I stayed after for a children's ministry meeting. It was focused on the move to 2 services and VBS! I am so excited about both. Having kids in this ministry makes it even more important but I've always enjoyed working with kids. I plan to work with the 2-3 and year olds twice a month during the 1st service. Part of me would like to work with Colby and Lindsay but I know we probably do best when we aren't together so far now its probably best I work in a different class! I don't mind subbing in their classes ocassionally though! I also plan to work VBS. This will be Colby's first REAL year of VBS. He has gone twice at our previous church as a worker's kid and he loved it but this year he will get to go and be in the prek program! I am not sure yet if I will bring Lindsay or not. Maybe a couple of the days and the other days I will let my parents keep her. So after our meeting...we actually got out a little after 1 I came home and rested with the rest of the family! Then we had lifegroup tonight! Its a busy day but filled with a lot of good things! Lifegroup is such a nice time to bond with people our age and just enjoy doing life together. Its been really good for Austin and I!
Well it was a great weekend...busy but great! This upcoming week isn't slowing down either! Lots going on! The biggest things this week is Colby getting tested for kindergarten, Bible Study starting back up, Lindsay going to a new GymRompers class, and Colby has a dentist appt on Friday! Lots and lots to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment