Friday, March 15, 2013

Getting Back to Normal

So after the craziness and sickness of last week we are working to get back to normal here. Ofcourse with the time change though I feel like we are still lagging behind some!
Well Monday started off normal. Colby woke up seeming to feel good and so I was going to take him to school. He was so anxious to get back to his friends. I was also anxious for some time to get back into routine! We knew he couldn't stay a full day so we were already going to pick him up at noon so he could rest and take a nap. Well on the way to school he started a really bad coughing spell. He said he was ok though and I told him to get water when he got inside. I also explained to his teacher what was going on. Well I set off to the grocery store with Lindsay. Only about 10 minutes after being there I got a call from their principal saying he was too sick and needed to be picked up! I freaked out. Well since I was in the middle of the grocery store and really needed to finish I called my mom and she went to get him. I was so worried...well my parents got him and I finished at the grocery and they brought him home. By the time he got home he seemed FINE! But in the mean time I had called Austin all freaked out so he went ahead and made him a doc appointment. He volunteered to even bring him. He knew how crazy the last week had been for me. So he got home, Colby got home, I got home! I stayed here with Lindsay while they went to the doc. Baiscally the doc said it was post-nasal drip causing him to cough. Wow well we were relieved but thinking school sent him home! So he got a note saying he could return the next day and was not contagious! That afternoon the kids and I just laid low. Austin worked until 10 so it was a LONG day for me!
Tuesday-Thankfully austin was off! We all needed a break! He kept Lindsay that morning while I brought Colby to school and went to Bible Study. I was so glad to return to my ladies' Bible study. Its such a nice break in the middle of the week! I think he enjoyed bonding with Lindsay as well! After Bible study I came home and he soon left to pick Colby up from school! That afternoon we rested then played outside. The weather has been gorgeous so we have all been trying to enjoy it!! It was so nice finally having Austin home with us! We even took a walk after dinner!
Wednesday- Another daddy day off but another busy day! I brought Colby to school then made a quick trip back to the house to pick up Lindsay for her GymRompers class. She enjoyed the new class again. I didn't think I would like switching classes but I think its been a blessing in disguise. The kids are more her age and the place is just nicer. Anyway we are happy with our choice to go on Wednesdays even though its probably an extra 15 min drive both ways. After her class we came home and ate lunch with Austin. He then left to pick up Colby to go to the dentist! Gosh I feel like between kids and animals someone always has an appointment! Austin said he didn't do well at the dentist. i hated to hear that b/c he's done so well the last couple of years. I should have brought him but on the other hand he needs to get used to doing stuff like that with daddy too! After the appointment everyone rested. Colby even took a long nap which was good b/c we had church that night. So we all went to church which was nice! We are really enjoying the Wednesday night dinners. The kids really seem to like it too! Austin always brings Lindsay home after dinner though. Had she taken a long nap that day we might have let her stay but getting home at 8 is still just too late for her! So Colby always stays with me. I think he really enjoys the class. I am also glad this gives him another chance to get to know some of the kids he will be in school with next year. He seems to really hit it off with the pastor's daughter Ella though!
Thursday- austin was off once again! Colby ofcourse had school. Its nice to be able to run some errands with just 1 child...feels less like a circus. So we went to the mall and bought Colby's Easter outfit and let Lindsay play on the play area before running some other errands before picking Colby up from school. Its nice now that she can stay awake longer to do all that! Colby seemed to have a great day at school. I think he's been happy to get back to that routine FINALLY! That afternoon we hung out at home. Its been great having Austin home on a week with such pretty weather. We have been able to take walks and let the kids play outside after dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment