Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Linday's Big Day Out

So since Colby had school today and Austin was off and GymRompers was cancelled we decided to take Lindsay on her first big outting with just mommy & daddy. She is usually privaledged a couple times a month to go with us on errands and maybe a lunch but never a BIG outting just for her! I told Austin we should take her to the Children's Museum. She has been several times but never for just HER! I knew she would love the toddler room. The last time she went we let her crawl around but we were still with Colby and his friend so we had to spend more time in other areas. Today we stayed in the toddler room and devoted the whole time to her! She loved it! She was able to do so much more this time. she climbed and played. I am sure she loved having all the attention too. After the museum (we only stayed about an hour). Since she's still so young she was tired and hungry after that amount plus we wanted to eat an early lunch since Colby was in school until 2. We drove around the Quarter some and she got so excited when she saw the mules. She also liked the streetcars when we went down St. Charles. Now that she is getting older I have decided we need to do this more often. This is about the age we began taking Colby on big adventures!
We ate lunch at La Madeline. I think she liked it but it was a good thing we were able to eat quick b/c she gets quite antsy. She starts trying to stand up in the high chair and throws her food! Anyway we really enjoyed our time with our little girl! She doesn't get the spotlight often so these times are sweet! We missed the big boy and honestly I felt a little guitly about going and doing this without him knowing how much he loves the children's museum but I reminded myself how many trips he got alone to the museum!
The rest of the day was nice...we hung out at home and tried to get stuff done once Colby got home from school. We all went back up to church tonight. I love Wednesday night church and I am so glad we have gotton in the habit of going. I can see the kids love going too! Dinner is always yummy and its also great b/c I don't have to cook! After dinner we always go out and let the kids run and play which is nice too! Then Austin takes Lindsay home and Colby and I stay for our classes. He seems to really be enjoying his class and never wants to leave! We get home late and thats hard but I think its totally worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment