Sunday, March 24, 2013

Easter & Birthday






So today I am 31! Wow I can't believe that!
Anyway this is my birthday weekend. The weekend before Easter so ofcourse its busy! Yesterday was a very busy day! I had to go to Target while Colby was in school to get Easter basket goodies for the kids and also get some stuff for Colby's Easter party at school next week. By the time we got home it was almost time to feed Lindsay lunch then go back to pick Colby up. The days I bring him and pick him up seem so short! Not much gets done! I was worn out and the kids really didn't take great naps either. Which made for a hard afternoon. Everyone had the grumps. We finally turned on the movie Beethoven and the night improved! Austin brought home takeout...we have been doing great with our cooking during the week so Friday and Saturday are my days off =).
Saturday my actual birthday....the kids were invited to participate in MBC's Preschool Easter Event. My mom is in charge so that's the main reason we went. But it was nice to be back and see old friends. Colby was very excited about this. He still talks about Metairie or the Yellow Church. He misses his friends and old teachers. I think he had a pretty ok time but he kept wanting to go play in the nursery with the cars. I wouldn't let him b/c that's not what we were there for. He seemed to like the eating and finding eggs and the crafts at the beginning but then he seemed to get bored. Lindsay did great...my dad mostly handled her though. But she never once got fussy! Quite a change from last year! I am glad I was able to focus more on Colby though b/c last year I was so busy with Lindsay being an infant I didn't have much time for him!
The afternoon the kids and I rested. Austin came home around 4:30 which was great! The kids and I got dressed and we all went out for Mexican. This has been our "tradition" some years. Especially with 2 small kids we wanted a cheap, quick, family friendly place that we all love! I don't need fancy I just enjoyed time out with the family and not having to cook! Austin and I will go out next week alone though =) The kids seemed to enjoy their food! Colby ate a TON! Poor kid must have been starving! Lindsay did well too once she figured out how to eat with a fork! Afterwards we came home for cake and then put the kids to bed!
I had a wonderful birthday. Even though I spent it mostly doing mom things I wouldn't have it any other way. Austin and Colby made sure to make me feel special. I had many texts, calls, and fb messages from friends too! I am so thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment