Thursday, March 28, 2013

Colby's Easter Party





Colby had his Easter Party today at school. I was able to attend this party b/c this is the one I signed up for. I enjoyed the Easter Party so much last year I wanted to do it again! The way his school works is you sign up for 2 parties at the start of the year and those are the 2 you attend and help organize. I like it that way that you don't feel guilty having to go to each one.
Anyway this morning I went back to his school at 10:30. My parent's kept Lindsay. I could have brought her but I hate to take the focus off Colby and his class. I knew she would be running around like a crazy person. Plus Colby was really excited about me coming so I wanted him to be my focus. When I got there they were singing and then playing a Bingo Game. I went in and sat down by Colby and helped him and the kids by him with their Bingo Cards. Afterwards they lined up for the Egg Hunt. I didn't get to see Colby gather most of his eggs bc I stayed behind but I got out there and he did great! he found 10 really quickly! The kids were so cute and excited! I am always amazed though at how well behaved they are! After the egg hunt they came in to enjoy their snack. I made Easter Egg sugar cookies for them and the other mom brought grapes and graham crackers. They all seemed hungry! After snacktime she had them sit back down on the rug for their Bible Story. It was ofcourse the Easter story. But she does this every day and they are almost through the entire Bible. I love that he's not only hearing these stories at church but also at school. I can tell he's learning a lot too. He usually tells me what story they did. His teacher I can tell is really trying to teach them the Gospel and she used our Ressurection Eggs yesterday to even go through the story with them. I am so thankful for this!
I loved seeing my big boy in action! I will always treasure getting to be there for his special school events. I am so thankful to be a stay at home mom and can do this!
It was also bittersweet b/c this was his last holiday party for this little school. I know I am going to be so emotional that last week of school. Thankfully Lindsay will be there next year so its not like we are saying goodbye. Its a chapter though that is closing in Colby's life. Sure I am very excited about his kindergarten adventure ahead but since he's spent 3 years at this little school and has been with most of the same children for 3 years its sad seeing his "preschool" days come to an end. He loves that school and so do we! But thanfully we will have Lindsay there next year and will get to do it all again!

No comments:

Post a Comment