Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Weekend Fun

We are having a fun & and busy weekend!
Yesterday Colby had school. They had their St. Patty's day party. He seemed to really have a lot of fun. While he was in school Lindsay and I met Casee and Mason for coffee. I enjoy my morning coffee times with another mom and baby friend! We didn't get to stay long but it was nice to catch up over a cup of coffee! Lindsay and I spent the morning at home just trying to catch up on housework which took a backseat due to our busy week! That afternoon after the kids napped we enjoyed some outdoor time then watched some movies! Friday is our movie day!
Saturday Austin ended up being off work. His parents were in Waveland camping so we decided to drive up to see them! They have been wanting us to go camping since Colby was a toddler. Still not sure if we are ready for an "overnight" visit. Austin and Colby might be but Lindsay will have to be a few years older before I am ready to tackle that! Anyway with such a pretty day and it only being about an hour away we decided it would be fun to meet them. We ended up bringing Colby's friend Max with us too. Now that they are in different schools they don't get to hang out much! Colby misses him a lot. I figured this would be a fun time for them to hang out...it would also give his momma a break for a few hours on a Saturday! We had our hands full though! Two 4 year olds and a 15 month old! They were good though! When we got to the camp they wanted to play on the playground first thing! They had a blast! After chasing Lindsay around awhile we decided to load her up in the stroller and check out the park while the boys played with Austin's nieces. By the time we walked back they were back in the camper. By then everyone was getting hungry for lunch. The boys spent a lot of time riding bikes around. I chased Lindsay all over the campground! She is such a busy girl! I think she had fun and it was fun watching Colby and Max enjoy themselves but it was a little stressful for me. I feel like I had to watch Lindsay non-stop and spent the entire time chasing her around. Then she started getting cranky around lunchtime so it was hard to keep her happy. I am glad we got to experience what "camping" is like during the day though! Hopefully austin will get to bring Colby back soon! The drive home went well. The boys finished watching a movie and Lindsay slept! The movie ended and Lindsay woke up when we got in New Orleans east so we stopped to get everyone milkshakes! We rarely do anything like that so I figured it was a good treat! That afternoon we were all exhausted. We made the kids "rest" even though neither actually fell asleep. Austin and Colby did some stuff outside and we had takeout for dinner!
Sunday another extremely busy day but I was thankful to have Austin home for it! We had to be at church early b/c we are required to take a members class before joining Calvary. This was the first opportunity we had. Anyway it went well. It was kinda funny b/c we met with Mr. Ancil who I have known for YEARS b/c I wa great friends with his 3 kids! Anyway he gave us some info but it was also more of a "chat" session. After the class Austin went to the doc b/c of his bad cough and I went to worship service. I peeped in to check on Lindsay before I went into church and she was happily playing on the floor so I didn't disturb her! Austin ended up getting back about halfway through church! I was glad he didn't miss the whole service. After church we came home to eat lunch and rest. We had lifegroup that evening so it was a FULL day! I am so thankful though for Calvary! We have enjoyed getting involved and just enjoy church so much more!
It was a very fun, but busy weekend! I have a feeling I will be tired the rest of the week but that's ok! We had fun and created memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment