Friday, March 1, 2013

Mid-Week

So this week has already been pretty busy and will continue to be busy for us this weekend.
Austin went back to work Tuesday. He seemed to feel a lot better and had a good day. Colby ofcourse had school. Lindsay went back to GymRompers. She had missed 2 weeks with Mardi Gras then being sick so it felt like forever since we had been! She had a blast though and seemed so happy to be back! Plus that litlte boy really didn't pick on her! She seemed a lot older though...ofcourse now there is a 4 month old that joined the class so that made Lindsay seem like one of the big kids! I was amazed at seeing how far she has come. She now walks all over the gym. She climbs everything and even mastered climbing to the top of one of the slides and turning around and sliding down on her tummy. I think Colby was over 18 months before he figured that out! She still likes the music part and pays attention very well. She interacted a little with one of the little girls who is just a few months older then her but for the most part she does her own thing! I am sad b/c we have to stop going to that class and join a new class in Metairie. I hate that b/c I have gotten to know the people in that class b/c we have all been in there since September. My Bible study is starting back on Tuesdays though and that's important to me too. Anyway Lindsay and I had a quiet day the rest of the day b/c Colby went home with my parents after school and didn't come home until around 5. I always miss him a lot but it is nice to get that break.
Wednesday was another really busy day. Another work/school day. After getting Colby to school Lindsay and I met my friend Casee and her little boy Mason at Target. I needed several things but it was also nice to shop/visit with a friend. We didn't finish up until after 10:30. Lindsay and I came home and once again I had some quiet time since Wednesdays Colby is at school until 2. Since we have started going to Wednesday night church our afternoons are cut pretty short. My mom and dad weren't going to their church tonight so I asked them to come over and sit with Lindsay. It worked out well b/c it just scares me to think of bringing them both to supper alone. Anyway I enjoyed the time with just Colby. He was very well behaved and pleasant at dinner. Most of the time when its just the 2 of us he acts like a little gentleman. It was nice to just sit and talk to him. With Lindsay there I would have totally missed that moment! I think he likes going to church he was excited about his class. I am so glad we are making it work to be able to take him to Wednesday night church with us. I know he really enjoys it and enjoys making friends! The dinner was great and I enjoy not cooking! I am really enjoying the parenting class too. Its making me realize some changes I need to make in how I parent. The only thing about Wednesdays though is its very exhausting...we don't get home until 8 and its rush rush till we get Colby in bed. Its worth it though...does make waking up on Thursday a little difficult!
Thursday we got up and Colby had school. We had to get moving though b/c I had to drop the kids off at my mom and dads then get over to Calvary for their Open House with the principal. Austin was able to meet me there and two of my friends who also happen to be friends that I grew up with at Calvary were also there checking it out for their 2 sons. We decided that we are pretty sure Calvary is the place for our boy. Its soo strange that I grew up there, went back to teach, and now I am sending my baby boy there. He has to get tested next Tuesday so I am just praying about that. I think he will do fine but as a mom I am already nervous for him. Its not a formal test or anything its more to assess their skills and coordination. I am sure he will do fine...as long as cooperates! I am so excited about his future there! I am also excited about how far the school has come! Anyway after open house I went back to my parent's house they kept Lindsay for me. I hung out till it was time to go pick up Colby. We all came home and just had a quiet afternoon!
So thankful for a busy, but good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment