Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Back 2 School

So far smooth sailing with the kids returning to school. I think they were both excited and ready by Monday morning. I am thankful for good teachers, friends, and great schools that make my kids excited and happy about returning to school. 
Monday I overslept...great way to begin a new semester. Well Austin was off though so he was able to bring Colby in to keep him from being late which helped a TON! I brought Lindsay then was able to go grocery shopping. It was nice coming home for a little while though to a quiet house! That afternoon was busy with homework and dinner. We have started a new practice of walking before dinner that has worked out well.
Tuesday Austin was off again. We had made an appointment for our cat Oliver to be de-clawed, neutered, and get his Rabies shot. Anyway much to our surprise we got a call after Austin dropped him off saying Oliver wasn't a boy! He was in deed a girl! Crazy! Anyway so now we are calling her Olivia. It will take some getting used to but I am excited about a little girl in the house. Austin and I were able to go to breakfast at Parrot Pete's while the kids were in school. Its always nice to have some couple time like that. We then ran some errands. Again it was fun to just hang out and be together. I picked up Lindsay and again it was another busy afternoon. I love our family afternoons and evenings though! 
Wednesday Austin was back to work and both kids were in school. Its a little more routine day for me. I am home cleaning while the kids are at school. I have a 3:30 conference with Colby's teacher. I really wish I didn't have something extra to do but it will be good to catch up with her and see how he's progressing. The first quarter he had a D in Language...now he has all A's and B's! I am so proud of how hard he has worked. Tonight will be low key. I am glad we don't have church tonight. It will be nice to have another slower paced night at home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment