Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Christmas Break Cont.

Saturday our first day just the kids and I with nothing to do we decided to go to the park. It was lovely to get out of the house and let the kids run and play. Unfortunately the weather this Christmas break has been rainy, muggy, and just overall cloudy and nasty. Needless to say there hasn't been much outdoor time. Our friends Ashleigh, Makyrin, and Makylee met us too which ofcourse made the trip more fun. We stayed for about 2 hours. We then had to stop by the grocery to get a few things. 
The rest of the day we spent home waiting on our AC to get repaired. Yes you read that right...our AC went out on Christmas day! It was a big mess the guy had to come out twice but by about 7:30 pm we had working air and slept MUCH cooler that night. 
Sunday was back to church. I was thankful to have a place to go and that the kids could see friends. Since it was the Sunday right after Christmas our church decided to have only 1 service and all the children were in church. I was thankful to have a week off teaching and be able to enjoy church with the kids and my parents. Pastor Michael had told the kids to bring their favorite gift and they got to go up on stage and have a special moment with him. It was a sweet and cute time. The kids did well in church. Their friends Ella and Eli sat near us. That afternoon the kids and I just spent hanging out. 
Monday and Tuesday were spent in Hattiesburg. 
Wednesday the kidsand I had a free day. We decided to go to the library and to Target. Colby was anxious to exchange some Legos. It was a rainy and nasty day. When we finished up at Target we picked up Chickfila and came home for the rest of the day. I feel like we have spent more time at home lately b/c this Christmas break the weather has been very dreary. Its ok though I think God calls us into seasons like this so we can rest. I have honestly enjoyed the slower paced days and the kids have done very well playing at home. 
Thursday was NYE and Friday New Years Day! 
Saturday was another free day for us! I decided to take the kids to the Monkey Room. It had been awhile since we had been. They had a blast. My friend Jenny met us with her sons braden and jude. They all had a good time and played hard. It was nice to sit and visit with a friend. We came home and enjoyed the rest of the day at home. 
Sunday was church and Austin was off. It was nice to get back to going as a family. I taught and we had 12 kids. It was very busy but I had enough help thankfully. We stopped and had lunch before coming home. We enjoyed the last day of vacation. The kids enjoyed a walk/bikeride. 
I cannot believe Christmas break has come and gone! It was a wonderful break that went by too fast! We got to spend time with friends and each other. We had lots of good food and family time as well! I will miss my babies come Monday. This is probably the first year I have not been ready to send them back. Don't get me wrong...routines will be nice again but I will also miss them being home with me. I will get back to more regular cooking and cleaning though! 

No comments:

Post a Comment