Friday, January 15, 2016

Sickies

So in keeping with tradition we have begun our January (winter season) with someone being sick. About every year one or both of our kids or us has been sick at some point in January. 
I noticed on Wednesday that Lindsay sounded a little hoarse/croupy when she cried. She sounded a little congested but otherwise acted fine. She went on to school like normal. That afternoon I had a parent/teacher conference. She also had celebrated King's Day at school. I should have known something was up when she fell asleep in the van at carpool. She rarely sleeps in the car anymore. I figured it was b/c I let her skip her nap though and stay up and watch tv instead. 
Thursday we had Colby's Awards Day. Again she sounded congested but really didn't think too much of it b/c she mostly acted fine. By that afternoon though she was running 100 degree fever. I knew I would need to keep her in instead of going to Cubscouts. That night though Austin didn't get off in time so I had to bring both kids. I hated to get Lindsay out but he got there soon after and I was able to bring her home. She mostly acted ok but she seemed tired and wanted to come home. 
Friday she still woke up with fever and then a cough. She also had been complaining of her legs hurting. I just had this feeling it was more then a cold so I brought her in to the doc. Thankful for our ped who squeezed us in first thing that morning. Basically the doc just diagnosed her with a winter virus. She ofcourse wasn't running fever or really coughing or saying her legs hurt! I took her to my parents house b/c I had a meeting that morning. They said she did ok but that she acted tired and mostly just wanted to watch movies. She and I had a restful afternoon together which was nice. 
Saturday we had hoped to have a fun play day but with Lindsay still sick we decided to stay in. She woke up and her cough was horrible and she was still running a bit of fever. We took a long walk and they rode their bikes. I could tell it wore her out though and I felt bad that maybe it made her coughing worse. By the time lunch rolled around I was getting really worried about her. I was able to message our ped though and she said to go pick up the cough meds she had ordered from Walgreens. That afternoon we just rested and tried to take it easy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment