Sunday, January 24, 2016

MLK Weekend

I love January and the fact that 2 weeks after Christmas break we get another break. I love the long weekend in January. Its like a slow start back into the busy life. 
Friday Lindsay was off of school. My morning began very busy. I had to drop Colby off at school then bring Lindsay to my parents. It was the 2nd Friday this month she got to spend with them. I know they enjoy having her! I then ran to the grocery then ran home and put it all away. I had a parent-teacher conference at her school at 9:45. I enjoyed meeting with Mrs. Susan. It feels like it was just yesterday I met with her about Colby. She had all great things to say about Lindsay. She said she's so cute and super sweet. She said she participates and gets along well with others. She also mentioned how great her fine motor skills were. She said she can be quiet at circle time but that doesn't surprise me b/c she's quiet even at church sometimes with me as her teacher. After the conference I picked Lindsay up and we headed to Storyland. We were meeting her friend Claire there. We like to do special outtings with the girls and it had been awhile with the holidays and all since we had been on one. Lindsay was super excited to hang out with her friend. The girls pretty much played on their own while we visited which was nice. They ran around and we found a central bench that we could pretty much see the park from. We even brought our lunches and had a little picnic while we were there. Once we left and drove home ofcourse Lindsay fell asleep in the car. I find after that sickness she still isn't back 100% energy wise. I picked her up a milkshake and the two of us came home to rest for a little while. We then picked up Colby. It was a beautiful afternoon so I let them play outside awhile. Austin got home pretty early and brought us take out which was nice. I really don't like cooking on Fridays. That night I was busy baking muffins and the kids watched Cinderella. 
Saturday we had to be up WAY early. It was like a normal school day for us. I had a shower at 10 and I promised the hostess that I would be there early to help her set up. I got there around 8:30. It was nice to visit with Ashley and see her home. The shower went well. We had about 10 ladies I think. It was nice to have that adult time. Afterwards I rushed home b/c it was already after 1. I was so tired from the busy week and early morning. I got the kids home and we took a nap. The rest of the day was super low key. 
Sunday we had church. We stayed for both services. Since Austin was off and the kids were out of school Monday we figured it was a good time. Plus they were doing the Lord's Supper so we figured that would be good too. It was special being able to go to worship service with the kids. We try to do it once a month or so. They love kids church and I am glad they have their own places but its nice to all be together too! They were both great in church. After church we went to lunch with my parents and Randall & Elizabeth. We rarely ever do anything like that. It was fun getting to visit with everyone. It was a long day though and our afternoon was cut short. We did enjoy some outdoor time though. 
Monday was MLK day and ofcourse the kids were out of school. Colby had a Cubscout field trip again. This year they were doing a Flag Ceremony. It was neat for them to learn about the flag and respect for our country and flag. We then took a hike to accomplish one of our other trips as well. The kids had a blast! Its neat that all 3 boys have little sisters! I know our two had a great time and it was so neat just to see them out enjoying nature. We spent the rest of the day at home trying to then get ready for the week ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment