Saturday, January 9, 2016

Second Quarter

So the 2nd quarter at school has come and gone and now we are a week into the 3rd. It amazes me how fast the school year goes! 
Yesterday I had a conference with Colby's teacher. The meeting went well and I am so thankful for her. She said he has drastically improved since the first quarter. I pray he can keep up the hard work b/c I know the 3rd quarter is the hardest. The only thing she said is he is starting to let some of his peers rub off on him behavior wise. This is really no surprise ...it happens at home. I figure he will learn. She said she might have to clip him down for it...I told her I was more then ok with that b/c usually clipping down for him is a major deal. I think some of it is just returning from Christmas and remembering the rules again. 
Thursday he had Awards Day. I was proud of him for making Beta Honor Roll this quarter. We don't really stress grades with him though. I tell him to do his best. I do remind him though of how good he feels when he does make the Honor Roll. He's had to sit through a couple ceremonies where he didn't get anything. I know that is hard. It was nice b/c his whole family was able to go to support him. I also love the way the school makes such a big deal out of it! Its sweet! 
Praying for a great 3rd quarter as well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment