Saturday, September 11, 2010

9 Years Ago

Today is the 9th Anniversary of 9/11 the day America was attacked. I remember getting ready in my dorm room for class and hearing the reports first on the radio then turning on the tv and I actually saw live when the 2nd plane hit the twin towers. It was a very surreal moment. I had to continue getting dressed and go to class...ironically I had history that day and we had a test. Much to our surprise we still had to procede with the test. I guess it was better to keep things normal and keep people from dwelling on it too much. I am sure I called my parents after I heard what was going on. I remember after class going to my friend's dorm room and us all watching it on her tv. We really thought the world was ending it was so strange. We continued our day as normal. I think my parents drove up the next day and brought me home for the weekend. They wanted me close by. That day our country and our world changed.
I don't remember ever thinking much about wars or our safety in America before that happened. I mean a lot of that was because I was still young but still that day changed a lot.
I hope today as we mourn those lost that we remember how blessed we are to live in America with all the freedoms we have. We also should be thankful for the military who fights every day to keep that freedom. I know we all take it for granted too often what being an American truly means. I just hope this is a day we can all reflect and be grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment