Saturday, September 25, 2010

The Rest of the Week

I realized today I hadn't posted anything since Tuesday...I guess because nothing exciting has really happened its just been a routine week around here. Austin has been working a lot and I have been busy keeping Colby busy! So I will pick up on Wednesday:

Wednesday Colby and I went to the church to do some work around my two Sunday School rooms. That seems to have become our Wednesday routine. I don't mind so much though b/c it gives us something to do and Colby loves going up there and playing with the toys. There is lots for him to do while I work so it works out perfect!

Thursday was Colby's fifth day of school. It began with a HUGE meltdown in the parking lot over a truck he wanted to take in to school. I am trying to teach him he has to leave all his toys in the car. The first week he did great but this week we had meltdowns over that. And this one was really big he got soo angry and was kicking, screaming, hitting, biting, you name it and HUGE tears! I was embarrassed but I guess everyone else hopefully understands b/c I think all 2 year olds do this at some point! He finally got it together by the time he got in his class and didn't even cry when I left. I really am so happy with how much he seems to love school. His teacher seems to like him too! She says he is really one of the best ones! When I picked him up she said he did well he just didn't like having a sticker. I guess she passed out stickers today and he hates stickers. He had it on his shirt when he came out but he immediately started asking for me to take it off. He wanted to hold it haha.

Friday Colby and I went to visit my parent's. We haven't really seen them much since Colby started school. Our week is so busy we don't get over there as often. We just played and went for a walk then ate lunch. My brother also joined us for lunch which was nice. Colby always enjoys visiting with them at their house.

Today (Saturday) I was supossed to go outlet mall shopping with my friend Laura. It fell through though at the last minute though. I thought yesterday Colby might be getting sick. He felt a little warm, runny nose, watery eyes, and sneezing. It could be allergies but I didn't want to chance getting Laura sick who is almost 9 months pregnant! That is that last thing she needed. And honestly as bad as I wanted to go I really feel it worked out for the best. Saturday is my grocery shopping day and I was already worried about when I would go. Plus our next few days are going to be really busy there is a chance Austin's parents may come down so I really needed the day to grocery shop and then work on getting the house in order. I enjoy Saturdays in that we don't really have to go anywhere and its a stay at home day but they are also hard from the sense Colby doesn't get to expel all his energy so he is really wound up and trashes the house on Saturdays too! I think we both need a downtime day though even though he's wild. Sundays are really busy days so it kinda gears us up for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment