Monday, September 13, 2010

Church and Storytime

I just thought I would blog about the last 2 days mainly for my records. Its so nice to have all this so I can go back and see what we were doing I have enjoyed reading my posts from this time last year.
Yesterday being Sunday we ofcourse had Sunday School and church. It was Promotion Sunday and Colby was supossed to be promoting to the 2 year old class. We have been concerned over the last 2 weeks or more about his new class. The 2 teachers have not been very involved and we weren't sure how it was going to go. Plus I was worried this would leave our class with just Cade and sometimes Colby would be alone in his class. My thoughts were to combine the 2 classes during activity and storytime. Well yesterday I waited and waited to see if someone came to Colby's classroom. By 9:15 my hope was lost that his teachers were even going to show. I was sorta dissapointed because here I have taught Colby since he was 9 months old. I have enjoyed it but I know it would be good for him to get to know some other adults. Since no one showed up Colby stayed with us in our class. My class is supossed to be 1 year olds. But it was just him and Cade so it worked out fine. I talked to our Sunday School Director about it and she said it was not going to work out with the person whom they thought would be the lead teacher. I told her my idea of combining the classes since there were so few kids in the meantime. She liked that idea and told me to go with it. So basically I will have taught Colby 3 years by the time this is over. Honestly though I am relieved. Since I didn't know the 2 teachers they had assigned that class I was a little concerned. So having him in my class and knowing what is going on is fine for right now. Maybe by January they will have found a 2 year old teacher and that will be good too!
So in Sunday School we had a good time. The activity was making a trail mix from different cereals and dried fruit. Both the boys loved this. We also ended up mixing puffs and goldfish in too! We talked about how Mary and Martha prepared a dinner for Jesus and how Jesus ate with his friends. We also talked about how we were eating with friends and how we could make a snack to share with family and friends. Both boys were very well behaved I thought. When it came time for extended care Colby grabbed onto me and didn't want me to go. I knew he would be fine though he has never cried over a few minutes when I leave him there. I knew the ones in there would be really good with him. Sure enough when church was over they said he had a blast and did fine.
The rest of the day was pretty low key we don't normally do much on Sundays after church besides go eat lunch. We are all so tired by that point. It took Colby forever to settle down for his nap but once he did he slept awhile.
Today being Monday and no set plans I decided we would venture off to the library for storytime again. Our local library has storytime on Mondays and Wednesdays. For some reason though the lady on Mondays is a lot peppier and seems to relate to the kids better. Therefore, Colby prefers that day. So we went ahead and went. The theme today was "back to school" and "fall". Colby loved the songs she sang and he even paid attention to the books she read. He got excited a few times too! When it came time for the "wheels on the bus" he got very into that! It was adorable! He was sitting in his chair just listening and singing along and doing hand motions. I was so proud! I am glad we will hopefully get to go to this all through this year since he goes to school on Tues, Thurs. Next year we will miss it though b/c it will be on his school days. After circle time they always do a fun craft with the kids. Colby sat for about 5 minutes and colored and watched me cut. But he was done so we brought the craft home. We haven't finished it yet but we will either tonight or tomorrow. Today we also painted. Its been awhile since I have gotton the paint out with him. He used to hate it...I used to not be able to get him into art at all but now he loves it! He got an art easel for his birthday and so now he loves to draw on it! So tonight we painted a picture! He did really well!
Its been a wonderful day! Tomorrow is Colby's 2nd day of school and I am praying he does really well again. It will be for the full 3 hours so I am hoping he will be worn out after! He should be! I look forward to seeing what all they might do tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment