Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Colby's 2nd Day of School

Today was Colby's 1st full day of school but his 2nd day to go. We talked about it yesterday and this morning that he was going back to school. He seemed to know where we were when we got there. We arrived a little early so we had to wait in the car for a few minutes. He couldn't wait to get out. He even handed over his cars/trucks before he got out. Last week I had to take them which made him upset. So the fact he handed them over made me think he understood as well! He went right on in and only hugged me once. When it was time to go in his class he was a little hesistant but didn't cry. I encouraged him to find the cars and trucks. When it was time for me to go he didn't even notice. I know he had to know I was leaving so I hope he didn't cry once I left! I hope I can find out a little about what they did today when I pick him up.
When I went to get Colby it wasn't long before they started bringing the kids out. I think it was a long day...I guess the first 3 hour day is probably always like that! I heard a kid crying and I was so afraid it was Colby but I was relieved that it was one of the 3 or 4 year olds. He came out as happy as a lark! I asked the teacher how he did she said he was great! She said he's quiet but that he listens well! I am so proud! I knew he would probably be very well behaved at school because that is how he is at church! I can't wait to hear more and more about what he does there. I don't know what all he did today but I assume they played outside on such a pretty day! I am just glad he didn't cry at all! Its wayy better then I expected for only his 2nd day! I know at some point we could still have tears so I am not going to get too overexcited but still!
We went to eat lunch at my parent's house since our kitchen is being worked on...he was in good spirits there but poor baby fell asleep in the car. I carried him to his bed and he just whimpered like he was so tired. So I layed him down and he was asleep 10 minutes later.
He didn't end up napping as long as I hoped but that's ok he should sleep well tonight. I am just happy he had a good 2nd day at school!

No comments:

Post a Comment