Thursday, September 9, 2010

Colby's 1st Day of School







Today was Colby's First Day of School! I can't believe my little man is now going to school. Its actually Mother's Day Out but still! Today he went from 10-11:3o but next time it will be 9-12. He will go Tuesdays and Thursdays at a local church. I am really looking forward to the break and time to myself. I really don't think I could have kept him home for another year without something! He's soo active plus lately his sleeping habits have been terrible I feel like I never have anytime to myself! I hope it is a refreshing 6 hours for me each week!



I think he will like it since he is so busy and active. He loves outdoors and has really started liking art projects so school should be great for him! I want him to also be more social. He plays with other kids a little but for the most part sticks to himself. He's got a cute little class of 9 two year olds. We know about 3 of the kids in his class so that is good. His teacher seems real sweet although I haven't had a chance to talk to her 1 on 1 a lot yet.



Today I expected lots of tears and for him to be scared. We have been talking about "school" over the last couple of weeks and I have been hoping he understood. This morning we went through it all again and I even brought him outside (which I will do every year) to take his picture! When we got to the school he couldn't wait to get in! He got to play on the playground for a few minutes before the teachers were ready for them to come in. He loved that! Then I told him to let's go in and see some fun toys and he was like oohhh...so he went right into his classroom and started checking out the cars/trucks. He didn't even pay attention to me as I was trying to leave...finally it hit him as I was still standing watching him that I was leaving. He then started to cry. I didn't want to sneak away even though I had the chance...I didn't want him to all of a sudden realize I was gone...I figured it was better for me to tell him bye and that I loved him and would be back. I could still hear him crying as I walked out the door which was hard but I knew he would be ok...I knew they would call if he were still crying after awhile. I just prayed and hoped that he would be ok. I went ahead to my MOPS group down the street which made for a great distraction...it worked out perfectly! I checked my phone several times to make sure I didn't have any missed calls from the school. I knew since no one called he must be fine! I got back a little early I could see the 3 year class outside and the 1 year old class inside but no way to peak in on Colby's class. Finally the director unlocked the gate for us to go in. I like though that they keep people out I feel like its very safe that way and also keeps parents from going back too early. I went to his classroom and could hear a little boy crying I was worried it was Colby but all of a sudden I looked around the door and Colby was just standing there he saw me and lit up! But he seemed happy which was a good sign. I didn't get to talk to the teacher long but she told me he did really well. I asked if he cried long and they said no that he got busy with the toys. I am soo happy he did so well!



I ofcourse would love to know what he did and he can't really tell me. He didn't have any notes or papers today hopefully next week they will come home with some fun things. I think today was basically an introduction and getting the kids used to the classroom. I am not sure if they played outside or not. Just happy he had a great day! I thought he would come home and nap well but instead it was worse...he only slept for 45 minutes...I'm sure it was newness of it all hopefully next week when he goes 3 hours he will sleep better!

No comments:

Post a Comment