Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sunday

Today was another busy Sunday for us but I really enjoy them! This was a special day in Sunday School...it was the last official day for Colby and Broc to be with us and it was the Moving Up Party. Its sad in a way to now be moving Colby up...I always said I would never teach my own child but I have to honestly say I have enjoyed it but it will be good for him to move up to a new class. He has been with me since he was about 9 months old. Today we had our usuals Colby, Broc, and Cade. I have to say they were a little restless today. I give the reasoning as we had a nice "fall" morning and I think they all wanted to be outside plus our routine was much differenet with the Moving Up stuff. None of them were bad just restless. We had our normal time in our room of playing/learning then we went to enjoy breakfast and see the new room. Its really not a new room for Colby and Broc b/c that is usually where they have extended care.
They all really enjoyed the breakfast. They chowed down on grapes, strawberries, donut holes, and muffins! I was a little sad though that their new teachers weren't in the room to greet them! Hopefully Colby does ok next week when its time to promote! I also had extended care with them today along with Austin. We decided since it was such a pretty day and they were all seemingly restless we would take them outside. I think that is just what they needed. They were all so good out there. The 4 year old class was also out there. Colby had a great time outside they all played very hard!
I think Austin and I were worn out too after extended care they kept us on our toes! We were able to go out with some friends though for lunch while my parent's kept Colby which was really nice! Afterwards we went to Best Buy to do a little shopping then came home for naps! I think we both crashed! I went to pick Colby up around 4:30. It sounded like he had a blast with the grandparents. He ate lunch, napped, and went swimming! He's usually always so happy on Sundays. It makes me happy to see him enjoy church and family so much! I really think he has always loved Sundays! We just had a laid back family night tonight. We grilled steaks and had homemade mashed potatoes and green beans. Colby loves this food too!
We are looking forward to Labor Day tomorrow being with family and just hanging out and relaxing!

No comments:

Post a Comment