Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Library, Funny Stuff, and School!

I have a lot to post on even though its only been 2 days! Yesterday was storytime at the library. I am going to try to make it this year to where we go almost every week. We went sporadically over the last year but I want to attend as much as we can b/c this will probably be the last year it will work with Colby's school schedule. Next year he will be in school on Mondays. I mean we will get to go during holidays and over the summer but still. I love it because every week there is a theme. This week was "The Little Red Hen" I love that story. We have the book at home and we read it often! They read the book and even had some older children act out the story. Colby loved the duck and kitty! They sang "This Little Light of Mine" which he really got into also! He was a little wilder then the previous week but he still did good for a 2 year old.

So onto the funny stories....this is mainly so I will have it recorded so I can go back and remember this fun stage of 2! I just have to say 2 year olds can be soo frustrating and tiring sometimes but other times they are just downright funny! So Colby has this thing of getting up and playing when we put him to bed. Last night I was determined to go in there everytime I heard him and put him back in bed. I tried to be firm but not mean also. His sleep habits have been crazy lately so we are trying to get him back on track and the night before he didn't fall asleep until after 10:15 and since last night was a school night I wanted him to get a full nights rest. So put him to bed and a little while later we hear this awful noise coming from his room. Sounded like he was moving furniture around. Went in and he had his lawn mower out jamming it against the door as hard as he could....pretty funny really that he was "mowing" his carpet in the dark! I put him back to bed told him not to get out again and came back in the den. A little later I hear another noise coming from his door...this time he had shoved his windmill toy under the door. So again put him back to bed. A little later hear another banging against the wall...go in and he's sitting in his rocking chair rocking back and forth as hard as he can hitting the wall with a HUGE ELMO book just sitting there rocking and reading his book! This time I could barely contain myself! I wanted to be firm and let him know this was not ok but it was soo funny I wished I had a camera! After that he didn't come out anymore and he slept all night! PRAISE GOD! He also didn't wake up until 6:45 and yes that's still early but I was already up and showered by that point since today is a school day.

Last funny story: lately he has gotton interested in hats. I guess because Austin wears them I dunno. But he puts them on backwards which I guess Austin does wear his hats like that sometimes. So this morning when we were getting ready to head out the door for school he comes back with his hat on turned backwards! So cute! He was adorable! He looked so big! But its like he was saying "ok mom I'm ready for school now"! Sadly it didn't last once we got to school but he was adorable nonetheless!

Today was his 4th day of school. I expected him to do well b/c he did so well last week never crying once. Well this morning he wanted to bring his new truck in. They aren't allowed to bring toys from home and I don't want him to anyways b/c then either another kid will try to get it which will upset Colby or it will get lost. So he got mad that he couldn't bring it in. So then he finally gets over it and we head into school. Well in the morning they keep the door locked until 9 but you can go in the gate where the playground is. Well usually Colby will just stand right next to me. Well today he headed off and climbed up on the equipment which was fine but then at 9 they opened the door. Normally he's fine going in because he knows there are cars and trucks in his classroom...well not today he pitched a big fit. He got over it mostly when we got in the room I think he got distracted by the other kids. So I walked in and tried to show him their new pet fish and the cars. Well once he figured out I was leaving he started crying again. I hope he didn't cry long and I doubt he did b/c he never really does plus I think the school would have called if he stayed upset. The teacher did show me the new bulletin board that had all the kid's pictures on it. I guess they took their picture last week and now its on the bulletin board! So cute! His picture was adorable! She even said he sat very still and they got several good ones of him!

I am soo loving this school thing! Now I am home hanging out and trying to get some things done while he is gone. Its nice to have the house to myself! I miss him but I think we need our time. I am now anxious to hear about his day!

His teacher said he did really good today and quite crying like 2 minutes after I left! I am glad he's adjusting so well! They were playing in the gym when I got there so I know he played gym today haha. So cute though to see them getting in a line and walking back to class! When he came to the gate he just laughed when he saw me!

No comments:

Post a Comment