Tuesday, July 20, 2010

2 Year Checkup

Today Colby had his 2 year checkup! It seems like we just brought him in for his first one! He did really well. I have only brought him to the doc a couple times by myself but I think he has behaved the best when its just me...somehow I think he understands when its just momma there she really needs him to behave! He was a big boy from the time we got there to the time we left. He sat very patient in the waiting room then didn't cry a bit when the doctor came in! We saw a different doctor today and I almost say I like her better...now I do feel like our other doctor might be more efficient and checks him over really well but he doesn't relate to Colby very well. I also like that he is older and has been around forever! Sometimes experience is the best way to go when it comes to doctors.
The doctor today was a lady ...I think we saw her at one of Colby's infant checkups...she was very personable and had a good time with Colby. She was very patient with him and went out of her way to make him feel at ease. He didn't cry at all which is a first! He stood up on the scale too like a champ! He didn't want to leave the scale though b/c of Elmo being on it! Overall I felt very good about this appointment. They asked me things like if he could kick a ball, point to one or more body parts, communicate with us somehow, and follow directions. She also asked about his sleeping habits and if he was talking. She seemed very pleased with his development. She said at this age is when they start noticing autism in kids and Colby didn't fit any of that bill. She said he was very social and could do point at things and focus on someone at the same time which autistic kids usually can't. So that was good to hear that as far as we can tell he is right on track for a normal 2 year old boy!
He weighed 33 lbs ( I think it might be more like 32 since he had clothes and shoes on) and he was 35 inches tall. She said he was in the larger percent for both which is good! He's just a big boy! So grateful for a happy, healthy 2 year old! I thank God every day for giving him to us and keeping him so healthy! I know there are so many less fortunate parents and kids out there and I am just soo grateful my little man is healthy! She also commented on his "skinny file" I said yea he hasn't had very many sick visits at all! So thats good too!

No comments:

Post a Comment