Wednesday, July 21, 2010

VBS Day 4

I feel like Day 4 was a sucess! I can't believe we are almost finished the week!
I will start out with Colby's night! His night was much better due to the fact he took a good nap yesterday. He stayed with my parent's yesterday morning and swam while I was at Bible Study which was awesome b/c he always naps well after that! So since he had a good nap he was in a great mood and ready to go to VBS! When we got him out of the car he headed straight for the door and walked all the way to his classroom without any guidance! I think he really is having a blast! They are actually doing crafts and doing the same story that the rest of us are doing which I think is so cool! So he's not back there for an hour and a half just playing he is actually having a mini vbs. Again there was 3 kids in there. I think the last couple of nights they have let Colby go to the 3 year old room for a little while since he is the oldest in the nursery class.
My class had 14 last night and the kids were really good. I felt like it was calmer then the other 2 nights. I also didn't have to lead tonight which was a relief. Jana and I had agreed to split it up. It worked out nicely. Don't get me wrong though the teacher in me enjoyed leading the first 3 nights but it was nice to just go and help out and not have to prepare everything ahead of time! I am in charge of the their song though they will be performing Friday night. Somehow I got myself volunteered for that! I picked a song that I had been teaching them in circle time and they all seem to get it and like it so hopefully they will perform well for their parents!
So that was a run down of day 4...oh and I have to say the people who are preparing the food are awesome...its so nice to know your kid is being fed back there and that I get to sit and eat as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment