Thursday, July 22, 2010

VBS Day 5

Wow so VBS is officially over! In a way it has gone by really fast but in a way it feels like the longest week! I will definitely miss my 4 and 5 year olds. I will also miss going somewhere at night and fellowshipping with all my wonderful, Christian friends and family at church. The thing I won't miss though is missing out on putting my sweet boy to bed! I have not see my baby to bed since Saturday night! I really miss it too! By the time I get home he is sound asleep! I am thankful he is asleep when I come home so I can rest and so he's not incredibly cranky but I really miss that special time! My body almost aches though I think because I am so tired! It really didn't hit me until today how tired my body and mind are though. this whole week we have been on the run so I have just been going going going. Today we didn't have to be anywhere which was wonderful but when I stopped I felt how exausted I am.
Tonight was a good night though. Colby had another great night in his class. He napped well tonight which meant for a good night at VBS! He was once again excited and anxious to go to church! His class got to come into the assembly time and put their coins in for the offering! It was soo cute! They came in with their stick horses. Ofcourse my child had 2! Once he saw me he came running and was so excited! It was precious! He got to sit with me a few minutes before his class went back. My mom said he ate really well again! He cried though to leave well 1) he wanted to take a play piano home with him and 2) he didn't want to leave me. I think he is missing his mommy at bedtime too! He stayed dry all night though I think for the first time all week...my mom has been taking him to the potty but he wasn't staying on the potty long enough to actually finish so he would wet his pullup sometimes...I knew the potty training would get a little off this week since we were kinda out of our routine. But she finally figured out how to make him sit until he was fully done and so all day today he had no accidents! YAY!
My class was good tonight as well. We were back up to 16! I feel like they did good...they got hyper at times but nothing crazy! They seem to know their song really well and I look forward to hearing them sing it for their parents tomorrow night! Like I say its a relief now that VBS is behind us but I know this time next week I will miss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment