Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Day 3 of VBS

Ok so we are halfway done now! I know by Friday I am gonna be exausted but I know in the end the memories made and the impact on the children makes it all so worth it! I am suprisingly not too terribly tired yet. I mean I am tired but I am trying to stay focused on the goal and not get overwhelmed.
Colby had a pretty good night...started out rocky on the car ride there...he was very whiny and needy. He only slept for about an hour today so I knew it would be a long night for him. My mom said though he was good in class! He got to go in assembly again...not sure if he liked it as much as the first night but I think that all was because he was tired. He also cried when he had to leave with his daddy which he hasn't done the last 2 nights either. He also cried when we got to church like AGAIN MOM? But I think he will be ok..I hope tomorrow night he will be better rested and have a good time. Like I say I think he had fun once he was there but I know he had to have been exausted!
My class I felt went better tonight. We had 16 though! Our class keeps growing...but that is a good thing! I feel like things went smoother though! They are still a little hyper and hard to get them focused but I pulled out my "teacher voice" a couple times and they all listened up! Its been fun being a teacher...I guess I missed teaching more then I realized! Again part of me wants to whine about how tired I am but I know I just have to stay focused and not let myself think that way! When I feel like I want to complain I just stop and think what we are doing and the impact VBS has on these children and how Colby is beginning his first ever VBS experience! We are creating so many great memories its hard not to be excited and smile! So that is all..we have 2 more days of VBS then family night on Friday! Looking forward to what God has in store the rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment