Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th!

Today has been a wonderful today! We began the day at church. I thought it was great for the 4th to fall on a Sunday so we could have a patriotic service. I will begin with Sunday School though. We had all 3 boys today (Colby, Cade, and Broc). They were all very good...the time flew by too...when all 3 are there I feel like the hour goes by so fast! Its now a little more tiring because I not only have to change diapers but I get to take Colby and Broc to the potty as well! Gotta love potty training boys!
I thought I was going to have to work extended care too because the workers didn't show up until almost 10:30. Colby thought I was staying too so he screamed and cried when I left. He doesn't normally do this when I am able to scoot out right when the transition happens. I left him even though it hurt me so much to do so...I know its in his best interest. He has to get used to situations like this. I went back to check after like 5 minutes and he wasn't crying anymore so I knew he was ok. Church was awesome...we were reminded that not only are we citizens of this great country America but more importantly we are citizens of God's Kingdom Heaven! It was a great reminder that even though things on this earth aren't always perfect there is a place where oneday everything will be! I also loved singing the patriotic music although I wish we would have sung more!
After church we went to my parent's house. They were having lunch over there. I enjoyed hanging out and watching Colby play. He loves all the toys there...I even had fun playing with him with some of my old toys! He went to bed before lunch though. He hung in until about 1:30 but was getting very tired by that point. I knew if we let him stay up he would have just been tired and cranky and it always works out well that he sleeps while we eat so we can relax and visit. If not I feel like I don't get to talk to anyone!
He played shy a lot today which is a phase he is going through. I try not to make a big deal out of it because I have read that if you do the child becomes more shy. I think the more people talk to him the worse it gets sometimes he just has to "warm" up to others...I was that way too as a child so I don't worry about it!
This evening we are just going to enjoy some family time the 3 of us. We bought some fireworks for Colby last night when we went to Belle Chasse. We did a few sparklers and poppers and he thought they were pretty cool! Part of me wants to take him to the big fireworks on the river but 1) its not until 9 and he is in bed wayy before then and 2) I think it might be too much for him right now! So maybe when he is turning 5 we will take him! Its something to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment