Thursday, July 1, 2010

Thursday

Well the last 24 hours have been interesting....Colby slept in his bed last night very well. I don't think he ever even got out until this morning at 8:15 at that point he was trying to get out of hiw room. I hope he continues doing this well. I didn't sleep well all night though I kept listening for him to wake up either because he fell out or he got up playing. I also thought he might wake up earlier then normal but 8:15 was pretty good.

Today with swim lessons though he didn't do so well. I had a feeling this would happen. He hasn't pooped since Tuesday with the whole experience so I wondered if we would have a repeat! He seemed fine at home though and was even quite ready to go swimming. He couldn't wait to get in the pool. After about 10 minutes though he had enough. Not sure if it was him having to poop or he just wanted to get in and out on his own time or what. At my parent's pool he gets to play on the steps and get in and out as much as he wants o I wondered if what had some to do with it. As soon as swim lessons were done though he was playing with toys and happy again. When we got home though I made him sit on the potty and told him to pee and poop. Sure enough he did both!He has now pooped on the potty twice I can't believe he is doing so well with potty training!

Today for naptime once again I wondered how he would do in the big boy bed. I heard noise for quite awhile so I decided to go in at 1. Sure enough he was standing by the door. He got upset when I layed him back in bed so I sat down by the bed for about 5 minutes and rubbed his back. It seemed to calm him a little but he didn't seem convinced to go to sleep. I left out and sure enough I heard him back up. I gave it until about 1:30 and went back in and put him in the bed. Again later I heard more noise this went on until about 2:30. You could tell he was soo tired. He was fighting sleep bad. I figured naptime would be harder then nighttime b/c he does have "bad" nap days more often then he has "bad nights". Finally this time I got firm with him and told him he had to stay in his bed. After that he seemed convinced and now its 4:30 and I haven't heard anymore noise. I think I am about go in there though b/c I don't want him sleeping until 5 and having a hard time going down tonight! Oh the joys of growing up though! Its been quite a day! I love it though! I love that he's such a big boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment