Thursday, July 29, 2010

Bible Study and Playdate

I have enjoyed getting to know a new circle of friends this summer. I started going back to the MOPS group that I joined last year. We went about 6 or so times to MOPS during the year and I liked it but I never felt like I fit in for some reason. The same group though offers a summer Bible Study for women. I thought I would try it out again this summer being a smaller group I thought I would get to know the women better. Sure enough I have loved it! Its a great way to break up the week and its nice to get away and listen and talk amongst other moms and also spend time in God's Word. Its so hard to do things for yourself when you are a mom. I feel like my quiet time with God even lacks when it shouldn't. I have gotton together with a couple of the women this summer with their children too which has been nice to make friends and see Colby have some friends too. They have childcare at the Bible Study but I have just been letting my parents keep Colby. 1) Their house is on the way to the study so I figure why not they love seeing him and it gives them a chance to bond and 2) I don't have to sit through Bible Study worried that they are going to bring him to me (which happened once at a MOPS meeting).
Today we had a playdate scheduled with one of the moms from the group. She has 2 girls. One is 2 1/2 and the other is 9 months. We went to their house. I hope to do this more often with Colby. He is around other kids at church but not much during the week. I think he had a good time. At first he was a little unsure and he would get upset about little things but I think he finally got comfortable and had fun! He played well with the 2 year old girl too. She is a little older so she really wanted him to play more with her while he just wanted to play alone with her toys but he will get there in time. He did just turn 2 and right now parallel play is what he should still be doing anyway. I hope we can have them over soon too and let them play with Colby's toys. Its good for children to learn to share this way! We stayed about 2 hours so I am hoping that tired Colby out enough he will sleep well today!
We don't have any other plans today though I am hoping for Austin to pick up po-boys tonight so I don't have to cook...its just so dang hot right now to be working in the kitchen! Plus we cooked a lot earlier in the week so I feel like I deserve a break!

No comments:

Post a Comment