Monday, July 19, 2010

VBS Day 2

Tonight was our second night of VBS! It was another great night! We had a lot more kids and I think it was slightly more hectic for everyone but still turned out good!
The report from Colby's class was that he did awesome. They didn't get to come in assembly though. They had 3 kids tonight and 2 of the 3 were crying. Colby was the only one not upset. I feel bad he didn't get to go so I may try to sneak him in the next 3 nights with me if I can. They said he did great in the room though and ate a great dinner. Austin again came and picked him up at 7. He was so sweet though when he was leaving...I go with Austin to pick him up and see them out the door. When they were leaving he ran back to me and I thought he might get upset that I wasn't leaving with them but he just turned around gave me a hug and went out with his daddy! That made me smile so big! He's growing up all too fast!
Our class grew from 9 to 15! We had 5 boys and 10 girls! They were pretty good just with that large or a number for that age you can expect more chaos. It took us longer to do things tonight which also made things more hectic b/c I felt like we were always running late. I felt more at ease tonight teaching so that was good. I think the kids really had a blast though which is fun to see! It might be a lot of work and they might make a huge mess but its worth it to see them get excited and having fun together!
I am looking forward to the next 3 nights to see what God has in store for me, our class, and my little boy! I know he's only 2 but right now this is planting small seeds for him later in life! I hope he is soaking up all his teachers are telling him! He is blessed to be able to attend VBS at such a young age!

No comments:

Post a Comment