Saturday, July 31, 2010

Mommy's Lil Mess

So lately Colby is just so full of personality! He's my own Dennis the Menace...I don't consider him bad but just a little mischievious from time to time. He's hit the 2s but one thing I can say about him is when he does have fits they aren't full fledged crazy tantrum fits like a lot of kids. He cuts them off pretty quick...he also usually knows when I mean business and he obeys pretty quickly!
So the last 2 days its been mommy and Colby time and we have had fun! Yesterday we went to the park! There was another little girl there the same age so it was fun to watch them play together. We stayed about 30-40 minutes but then it just got TOO hot! After I took him to Petsmart because the dog and cat both needed food but Colby always enjoys this store. He likes to look at the fish, birds, and kitties. He also always picks a toy for Allie which is cute because then he comes home and gives it to her! The rest of the day we just hung out and played at home. Austin has been working a lot this week so its been late nights for us. Yesterday he didn't nap as long as he should have and I thought he was going to be very cranky for me the rest of the day but he wasn't too bad!
Today Colby and I went swimming at my parent's house. That is usually our Saturday "thing" especially if Austin is working. There isn't much else for us to do on a Saturday since most of my friend's husbands are off so we hang out with my parents. Swimming is a great thing too because it usually wears him out! Today he "swam" really well. There were a few times he "swam" on his own a little bit. He was using his arms and feet to move! My mom swears he will be swimming by the end of the summer! He has pretty much been swimming 3 times a week sometimes more all summer.
Oh also to make today interesting he woke up around 6:50...I was still in the bed sound asleep and Austin was in the shower. He suprised Austin by greeting him in the shower then I woke up a few minutes later to him peering over the bed! He doesn't get up too often this early thankgoodness! I try not to let it get me upset. Since it is morning and the sun is out its ok I figure! I look at it like he will definitely be tired by naptime and maybe we can get more accomplished since we were up earlier. It only affected my getting up by 30 min anways! It was also cool that we were all up as a family since that doesn't normally happen days Austin is working!
I figured due to the swimming and the early rising he would take a really long nap today! Boy was a wrong! He went down at almost 1 so I figured I had until 4 for him to get up! Well he was out of his room at 3. Again I couldn't fault him for this he slept 2 hours which is probably good for a 2 year old! I have a feeling 3 hour naps are slowly fading anyway. By 3 he will probably only be napping an hour! Its ok though he seemed well rested when he got up and not cranky so I guess he got just the right amount!
Now we are just waiting on Austin to get home...praying its not late...he has been 7 or 8 the last 2 nights and that just makes the afternoon seem soo long with a toddler! Excited he is off most of the day tomorrow and we all will be at church as a family though!

No comments:

Post a Comment