Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sunday!

It was nice to get back to our Sunday routine around here. We hadn't had it this way in awhile. The whole month of July was chaotic as far as Sundays go.
1) Fourth of July we went to my parents for lunch
2) Went to church but left early because we thought Colby broke his fingers
3) Skipped church because of VBS that night
4) Church was cancelled because of tropical system Bonnie

So today we were actually going to Sunday School and church then to lunch! Sunday school went really well it was a very busy room today! We had 4 boys! There was Broc (2 1/2), Cub (2), Colby (2), and Cade (1). It was fun though! It was great to see the boys play together especially the 3 two year olds! I am so glad Colby has some friends at church now! During extended care they got another boy Glenn Paul who is also 2. The boys did a lot of coloring today and really enjoyed that! They also played in the tent and with all the cars!
It was nice to sit in church with Austin after all that! I only got to sit in church once in July so it felt like forever since I had been in there! Afterwards we had plans to go eat with our friends Josh and Laura. My parents were keeping Colby for the afternoon. We were excited to go out to eat with friends with no child! I miss Colby but sometimes its nice to eat in peace! After lunch we went back to their place to visit for a little while! When Austin and I got home we took naps then I had to go pick Colby up! It was a great day and I feel refreshed and Colby is in such a good mood too! I think it helps him to get away from us from time to time! They also said he did great in extended care he didn't even cry today when I dropped him off! My parents also said he was great at their house and now he's in the best mood! We haven't heard anything cross out of him all afternoon!
I am also so proud of him he went all day yesterday with no accidents! He has only had 1 today that I know of and that because we were outside for like an hour and he drank a lot of water! He also pooped today on the potty which I am so happy about!
Its been an overall great day! We spent some time outside as a family even though its still like 103 degrees out there! Colby should sleep well tonight! Austin is off tomorrow so we are trying to think of what we will do with Colby all day...we may go to a park then go swim!

No comments:

Post a Comment