Thursday, August 12, 2010

Rainy Days

So we have had a lot of rain over the last 2 days. Its actually been a blessing though because we have had a very dry, hot summer. The plants needed the rain so bad. I guess since we haven't had much rain though its almost been an adjustment for me. I feel my mood/energy level has dropped significantly the last 2 days. We haven't been very busy either since we got home from Hattiesburg which I think has also left us with some cabin fever.
Tuesday all we did was grocery shop then hung out at home the rest of the day.
Yesterday we went to my parent's house to swim. It was fun we are trying to get over there atleast once a week so Colby can keep improving his swimming skills. It also gives him something to do where he burns off energy! He has so much! We even swam in the rain that is how much I wanted that boy to swim haha!
Today we took off in the middle of the tropical rain (it really wasn't bad) to go visit my old school and the place I taught before having Colby. I wanted to see some of the teachers. They have also done some renovating too so I wanted to see that. Plus I figured it would be a nice outting for Colby. He was unsure at first I think he thought I was bringing him and leaving him. He finally warmed up to everyone! It was fun to show him off! It had been awhile since we were up there last. I think he was only 8 months old the last time I went up there like that! It was great to see everyone! It made me miss teaching for a split second haha...I do miss the kids and all the preparation. But I wouldn't trade staying home with Colby either! I feel like I would have missed so much over the last 2 years otherwise! I did sign up for subbing though. Not sure how much I will do it because I don't want to be called up there twice a week or more but a couple times a month won't be bad. I also plan to make more visits up there too so Colby can play with the 3 year olds and get used to "school". He is starting MDO in September also so we should be pretty busy this fall!
Today was also the start of the Saints Season! It looks like they are going to lose by 3 points. That is a little dissapointing but least its only preseason! I was excited though about the start of football season again! We had Colby saying "Go Saints" and the touchdown sign all night! He watched up until halftime and really got into it! This is going to be fun this year with a football buddy! The last 2 years he has been too young to understand but I think this year he is going to love football...he already has some moves on him!

No comments:

Post a Comment