Friday, August 27, 2010

The Rest of the Week

So we survived Week 1 of Kitchen Renovations! We did it without killing each other too! It honestly hasn't been that bad...I mean I have had my moments sure but all in all its gone pretty smoothly!
I will pick up with Wednesday. Wednesday was a pretty bad start..Colby was awake at 4 am. He was off and on in and out of his room for the next hour and a half. I never went back to sleep. On top of that I was sick and not feeling well at all. I was pretty outdone by that point. We headed to my parents house though that morning. We had to run some errands for an upcoming shower my mom and I are hosting. Colby surprisingly did really well on the errands to be going on such little sleep. I made the decision that day though that I was really going to crack down on his sleep habits. I think he is testing our authority so I am here to let him know I am the boss and can outlast him!
I have decided at naptime for right now I will either lay or sit in the room with him until I see him fall asleep. This is not for his comfort but more so I can see that he does not get up and play. So far it has been working. Especially at my parents house I would lay down for like 10 minutes and he was out. Ofcourse there he's still in a crib so he doesn't really have many options. His naps were typically about 2 hours there too which is good.
Thursday Austin was off which helped out with our morning routine. Its been so rushed trying to get myself ready and Colby fed and ready and to be ready to be out the door by the time the contractor shows up. So yesterday we slowed it down a little and played outside for awhile before heading to my parent's which was nice. I had a hair appointment that morning anyway so I dropped Colby off and went to that. It was really nice to have that break away from everything and everyone. After the appointment Austin met me at my parent's to have lunch. After lunch and Colby went to sleep I went to sleep for over an hour! It was so nice to start catching up on my rest. That afternoon when we came back to the house it was again nice to have austin around to help keep Colby out of the way of the work.
Today was the first day in 4 days we had no work going on! It was so nice to be able to wake up and lounge in my pjs. Our kitchen is not completely done yet but we are set up in temp mode right now. We have our cabinets up and can start loading up most of them. We have temp boards as countertops right now and our old sink in temporarily. Least we can cook and wash dishes. And atleast we weren't chased out of our house today! I had to go to the grocery store! I really hated to do this the first day Colby and I really felt good enough and could go somewhere but it had to be done. It was nice in a way though to take it easy most of the day at home. Ofcourse these kinda days Colby makes a complete mess of our house! I was looking forward to getting Colby back to a more set routine too...at naptime I put him to bed and left so I could eat lunch. Ofcourse he pooped and was trying to come get me so I cleaned him up and layed down by the bed. He fell asleep after like 10 min so I left out. Well the phone rang so I think it woke him up. So I went back in and had to sit there for almost an hour for him to fall asleep. I thought of many times getting up and just giving in but he really needs this nap. So I stuck it out and he finally fell asleep and stayed asleep for about 2 hours. I am so glad he's catching up on his rest! He was up at 6 am today too...even though thats wayy earlier then I like to get up atleast it was after Austin was up so I was halfway awake anyway. I don't mind him getting up by that point so much! We had a good day Austin got home around lunchtime so him and I were able to relax then we had a family afternoon. We worked in our kitchen together then grilled steaks and ate outside. It was a very nice to have that time the 3 of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment