Friday, August 13, 2010

Busy Morning

Today Colby and I decided to get out of the house and do some running around. We haven't had a busy morning all week since we got back from the trip. We first decided to start our day with a trip to Randall and Elizabeth's house. Today is their anniversary so I figured since we were getting out anyway we would go by and wish them a happy one. Colby always loves going by their house. He loves chasing Nick and Zack around their 2 cats! Aunt Lizzie also gave him some blackberries which he turned himself purple with! We stayed about an hour which was nice to hang out with them.
Afterwards we went to the library just to waste some time. There wasn't storytime or anything going on so it was pretty quiet! Colby loves playing in the castle though and was the only kid in the children's area so he was free to run around and do what he pleased! I tried to get him to look at some books but he wasn't interested at all.
Our next stop was Parrot Pete's. I was meeting some friends there with their 2 boys. We got here early so Colby was able to run around outside some before the rain started. We all have boys in different stages so it was fun to see that. Colby is the oldest, Jax is 9 months old, then Kale is 3 months old. Colby had fun checking out the babies and I think Jax kept a good eye on him too! Colby did pretty good...I was a little worried because I haven't had him in a restaurant by himself in a long time and he is entering a very independent stage so I wasn't sure how it would go. He whined some but once his food came he was very good. He even sat in a chair with no problems! I missed having one though that was a baby that was quieter and sat more content...I don't know what stage is easier honestly. I mean like the 2 babies couldn't get up and walk around but then their moms had to feed them. Colby could feed himself but he needed constant attention in other ways. It did show me though that he and I need to start going out the 2 of us for lunch dates!
Once we got home I was sure he would nap for a long time! Not the case. Its now 3:15 and I know he hasn't slept a wink! He has been in his room playing and I'm sure making a HUGE mess! Now I guess that just means an early bedtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment