Sunday, August 15, 2010

whewww what a day!

Ok wow so I feel so tired and its been one of those days where you honestly have to laugh at all that happens to keep from crying! The end of this week has been tiring for me as my little boy has decided not to nap for a few days straight. On top of that I have pms so I am already tired/grumpy and add a 2 year old who doesn't sleep to the mix! EMOTIONAL overload!
So last night he didn't go to sleep until almost 9. We tucked him around 8 and he chose to play. We never went in because since he didn't try to come out I think it almost worsens it for us to go in and correct him. I don't want it to become a battle of the wills so I left it alone and he finally went to sleep. Since today was church I honestly thought that I might have to wake him this morning due to his lack of sleep this week. Well I was wrong...he was awake at 7 right when I got up. This threw me into a tizzy because I am used to atleast 30 min to myself on Sunday mornings to get ready and also get mentally and physically prepared for the day. So right off the bat I felt off my game. And luckily Colby wasn't bad he was able to entertain himself while I did what I needed to do which for that I am very grateful!
To top the morning off though the cat vomited which I knew and cleaned up but what I did not know was it got on my pj pants which were on the floor. So I had them on for a good 20 min before I discovered the cat vomit...yes gross! That also proves how busy I was this morning and in a tailspin that I didn't discover the vomit immediately. Anywho we made it off to church at our normal time. I stopped at Starbucks to get my coffee. Yes I am addicted but I figured with all else that has gone wrong I deserve a treat...well ofcourse I get some on me! Whatever we still make it to church and all seems ok with the world. In our Sunday school class typically we have 3 boys. Broc ( 2 1/2) Colby (2) and Cade (1). All was going fine...I brought Colby to the potty around 9:30 as usual. Well when I came out the baby teacher wanted me to hold Zoey (6 months) who was crying at the time. I picked her up and told her I had to get back to my room. Well she said she would come get her. So I brought her down and for a good 20 min she was fine just chilling out in my arms. I continued to try to tend to the boys also. Well finally her teacher came back in and by that time she was getting fussy again. Well instead of taking her back to the baby room or calling her mom they proceeded to stay in our room. I was not happy about this at all....nothing against the little girl but keeping a 6 month old who is screaming in a room of 3 toddlers who are all fine is not a good idea!
Then the baby teacher let Mrs. Shirley try to calm the little girl while she picked up Cade. Well he was doing just fine until she picked him up and had him by the door. So then he got upset! Well at this time I was ready to leave. This teacher had come in and disrupted our entire class. I realize she was by herself but I don't feel like she should have upset our whole class. It was very stressful. There was no one in charge today either because the girl who normally checks people in was not there.
So at 10:15 when the bell rang I brought Colby and Broc to the 2 year old room. I quickly realized no one was coming to watch them. I knew I would have to stay. It was fine but I was supossed to work with the 3s today. I had to tell Laura who I was supossed to work with that I had to stay in that room with the 1s and 2s. It all got worked out to where she and I kept the toddlers and someone else stayed with the 3s. It was crazy hectic! They ended up taking Cade into the baby room which I didn't really agree with but I wasn't about to rock the boat anymore. I guess he ended up taking a nap but I wouldn't have minded him staying with us. So then we ended up having Broc, Colby, Glenn Paul who is also 2 and then two twin girls who I guess were 2 as well. They were all very well behaved. Broc actually fell asleep. The others played very well together. And I have to brag on my little boy he was soo well behaved today. He did not give me a bit of trouble. He also stayed dry all morning with no accidents at church. He went potty 3 times. It did make me feel good that he could be soo good in this kind of situation! So yes I am very thankful for him!
After church we did go eat at Mcalister's even though I could have come straight home I knew Colby would want to eat out. He loves that place! Well I made the mistake of ordering him a ham/cheese sandwhich instead of mac n cheese. He has eaten sandwhiches more lately and likes them plus he had mac n cheese last night. Well when he got his plate he pitched a fit. I felt bad and got him mac cheese instead. Poor guy he just thinks that is what he is supossed to eat at Mcalister's. I couldn't be mad at him! He did well at the restaurant too considering his lack of sleep! Now we are home and I am just praying he takes a good nap for me so I can get some rest as well! We have a Sunday School party this afternoon/evening! More on that later! Colby is going to my parent's house. We techinically could bring him but I think we will have more fun and be able to visit more without him and after my morning I think I need a break for little ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment