Friday, August 20, 2010

The Rest of Our Week

So I thought I would just catch up on what all we have been up to this week. Wednesday Austin was still off so we took Colby over to my parent's house to swim. He is still doing so well with his swimming. He uses his arms and kicks his little feet...I think he is a natural born swimmer. Both of his parents are good swimmers so I guess he just inherited that! A rainstorm cut our swim off early but that was ok we had to get back to the house anyway. In the process though of getting ready to leave somehow my dad pulled Colby off the bed and he hit his head. It was tragic for them both! My dad felt awful and Colby ofcourse cried and pitched a fit! My poor dad is always soo worried about Colby and telling the rest of us to be careful with him! I know he probably still hasn't let himself forget that yet! Luckily for them both though Colby was fine! He has a very hard head! The rest of the day we spent doing house chores...we are fixing to have our kitchen remodeled so we spent some of the day packing up our cabinets.
Yesterday was a pretty dull day...we had grocery shopping to do. I don't mind grocery shopping in itself and Colby usually does well in there. I just hate that it pretty much takes the entire morning therefore Colby doesn't get to do anything fun! We had visits from Mrs. Doris and my parents though so that gave him some fun time. Speaking of though Colby hasn't napped at all this week except Tuesday! Yesterday I even went in there 2 or 3 times and spanked him on the 3rd and he still didn't nap! I am not sure what we are going to do. I would be fine with him not napping and playing quietly if he were sleeping until almost 9 in the morning but now he is waking up at 6:30. So he is awake for almost 14 hours daily! He sleeps fine at night its just the waking up early and no nap! Its driving me crazy!
Today Colby and I had a playdate with the MOPS group. It was at one of the mother's house. Gosh there were probably 20 moms there and 25 kids or more! It was crazy! We only stayed a little over an hour! I just couldn't handle the chaos! Colby did really good but there was just too much going on that I don't think he got to really meet any new friends! I love playdates but I think they need to be smaller groups of children...that was just overwhelming for him and me! He never did get upset though which was good! I hope this means he will adjust to school well! He went off on his own a few times and even sat down at the table and started eating without me in there haha! It was fun though nice to get out of the house and see some other moms and atleast give Colby a chance to see some kids and get out the house for a bit! The rest of the day we don't really have plans...I am just praying he will nap...then I have to work in the kitchen! We think tomorrow the guy is coming to take out our countertops and cabinets. Its going to be quite a crazy week but honestly I am trying to not even think about it! Its better for me not to get stressed and just see it one day at a time. I will panic if I think too much about not having use of my kitchen for a week! So we are taking it one day at a time. Tomorrow while he is working we are going to go hang out with my parents. There is no way Colby can stay here while all that is happening! He will just get in the way. We will still come home and sleep here at night but we just won't stay while the work is going on! I am hoping Austin will be off tomorrow so he can help and oversee the process! Wish me luck and pray for us that we all stay patient and understanding with one another!

No comments:

Post a Comment