Monday, August 23, 2010

Busy and Out of Sorts

So this is going to be an interesting week...we are in the middle of having our kitchen remodled. We are also in the midst of a busy week plus life is just normally chaotic and busy with a 2 year old! Who is still not napping and waking up absurdly early to add!
Yesterday was church...all went well it was much better then the week before! We only had Cade and Colby in Sunday School though! Cade was a little out of sorts his mommy said he didn't sleep well the night before so I think he was just sleepy! I didn't have to stay in extended care which was good but my mom was in there with Colby so I knew he was in good hands!
Colby took a short nap yesterday after me going in his room 3 times and spanking him twice...I am not sure what its going to take to make him nap! We spent the afternoon/evening preparing our kitchen for the big remodel!
Onto today...since the guy was coming early to work Colby and I got up about 6:30 or 6:45 to get moving! We were going to spend the day with my parents. It would just be too hard to keep Colby here while he was working! It worked out well we were able to walk, swim, and eat lunch and Colby I think napped atleast a short time but I am not totally sure about that!
The bad news is I feel a little stuffy and Colby has been sneezing and having a runny nose! I am praying its just a cold but a friend just put on facebook that her little girl has strep and we were at the playdate Friday with them! I really hope that is not what Colby has! That would be really not fun with all the work going on at our house! He was pretty well behaved today but you could tell he was either tired or didn't feel 100% because he had a few meltdowns at my parent's house. Its also hard because the more adults he has doting on him the worse he acts. So it will be a long week as far as that goes because we will be spending a lot of time over there!
I just pray he sleeps well tonight! Our kitchen has been completely taken apart! All of our countertops and cabinets are gone....he put in 2 of the new cabinets though. We also do not have a sink or a dishwasher or oven or stove tonight. We didn't plan on cooking and I just have to wash what dishes we do have in the bathroom! It will be interesting around here but we are all learning patience and how to be flexible in the midst!

No comments:

Post a Comment